ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of the Auto Finesse Ultimate car care kit

Track 172 Cup
Are these any good and is the polish/wax ok for a Black car? (not my Clio) It has a fair amount of swirls and a couple of stone chips that need touching up, I'm new to all this cleaning (properly anyway) lark and fancied getting a kit and having a crack at it. My dad is into detailing lol but he only uses G-Techniq stuff and I've seen the price of the stuff he buys and i don't fancy spending that much yet although he has said he's got some C5 wheel armour (think that was it) I can use when my wheels are re painted. He gave me a snowfoam lance and some of his G-Techniq snow foam, a pack of about 20 microfibers, Lambs wool mitt, Drying towel and some G101, Meg's Quick detailer and a few buckets.

http://shop.autofinesse.co.uk/ultimate-car-care-kit

Track 172 Cup
My dad has a rotary but not chancing it on my car lol.. I'll stick to elbow grease until I know what I'm doing haha. Is there any paticular wax that gives better results on black paint work?

I'm pretty new to proper detailing too, however I've bought a ton of products for my black car and through reading and advice its all coming together nicely.

On page 2 of my project thread you'll see some of the said products in use and the outcome on a black clio. Thread here:

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/joes-bg182-money-pit.776087/page-2

But what I've seen that works quite well together is

Poorboys Black Hole Glaze.

Then

Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax

I think of the process as an onion lol, layer upon layer of products to achieve the best look. In this case a glaze always goes before a wax.
Black hole is is considered the best glaze for all black cars.

But don't forget. The key is all in the preparation. You need to properly clean& de contaminate your paint properly before you go with polishing and glaze&wax etc first!

You can find most items on eBay. But for chemical guys stuff I use

http://www.shopnshine.co.uk

Cheap, cheerful and UK (Derby) based.

Hope that helps in some way. People on here will help you out more :)

Track 172 Cup
Thanks Sparkles I'll have a read of your thread. Just a pitty the bonnet on my VXR8 is probably as big as my Clio lol gonna take me a while whatever i do.

Track 172 Cup
Do we have a discount code for auto finesse? I've seen the Ultimate kit for 159 on eBay with free postage and think it's 175 on the auto finesse website not sure on the postage from them assume it's free.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Do we have a discount code for auto finesse? I've seen the Ultimate kit for 159 on eBay with free postage and think it's 175 on the auto finesse website not sure on the postage from them assume it's free.

No discount. Sometimes you'll find their gear cheaper on Amazon (I bought a pot of desire on Amazon for £80, RRP £120)