ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of viewing this 182 advice needed

Clio ph2 172
Thinking of viewing this black 182 on the weekend if I get a chance.

Noticed the cliosport sticker on the back. Anyone recognise it owned it etc?

Also can any one tell me if its got cup packs fitted by looking at the pics.

1B36480C-DA4A-4646-8D34-058E865F61E5_zpsg9lb8on1.png

20F2BAB0-FFD9-4D27-A995-068DEB1AC9ED_zpsz3pjqiny.png

9172F1CE-CCB7-450A-A742-FC5237C15C51_zpsnnou5pyw.png

Thanks

Phil

Listerine & Poledo
Those wheels don't look dark enough to be cup pack (suspension), but the front lip would infer cup pack (cosmetics).

In any case, even if it was a cup when built, by now there wont be too much difference unless it's had a full suspension overhaul. Indeed, I'd imagine it's had 1 damper changed at the back, and the rest are all 12yrs old. Not ideal.

Clio ph2 172
B704F9D1-760B-43EC-92A1-9E2FA2DD9A9E_zpsiod3l1ul.png

Just noticed if you look at this pic there is red Spring on rear suspension. Not standard then?

Email seller and 2 advisories on mot are for rust on discs due to car standing for a while.

Thanks for the info so far keep it coming etc.

Cheers

Phil

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Red won't be standard suspension.

One of the failures was the rear wheel bearing was noisy which disappeared on the next MOT. Normally you change the rear disc because the bearings are built-in. However, they are clearly not new!

Plus those tyres are cheap!

Listerine & Poledo
I'm wondering, that red spring...did they slap a set of lowering springs on there?

when I replaced coils on ol' stripey, the renault ones were black, even a 3rd party, OEM-spec one will be black or maybe blue. Rarely red.

And yes, it wouldn't matter if it was running with Williams F1 active suspension, with those tyres all you'll do is go sliding into the first wall you're near if you're going any faster than pedestrian.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Eibach Sportlines are red, although you can't tell those springs from generic eBay junk unless you get under and inspect the spring to see if it's got Eibach written on it.

Clio ph2 172
Thanks fellas good info/advice so far much appreciated.

Wonder how the wheel bearing was fixed then without the discs been replaced?

Not sure I want to be redoing jobs that's should have been done properly in the first place.

Springs don't bother me so much as these can be replaced with standards or cooksports etc.

Overall car looks in good condition on photos body work and interior wise. Be nice to try and speak to previous owner if they happen to be member.

Hmmm not sure if I should view this now...

Thanks

Phil

Listerine & Poledo
It looks suspiciously like it wont have had the easiest life, in any case.
Yellow calipers?
Fabia splitter?
any old springs they could find.

Sure, you say you're going to replace springs anyway, but.........nah. If it was my money, I'd rather one that hadn't been around the retailparkring every given weekend.

There must be other ones less suspicious near you? Mileage isn't a worry, just condition and, most importantly, when is the cambelt up for changing, and if it was done recently, who by.

It's a £600 job that not any ol' garage can do

Clio 182
I went to look at this car in York before I got mine and I was put off by the paintwork, had quite a bit in the past and he wouldn't budge on price.

Thanks fellas good info/advice so far much appreciated.

Wonder how the wheel bearing was fixed then without the discs been replaced?

Not sure I want to be redoing jobs that's should have been done properly in the first place.

Springs don't bother me so much as these can be replaced with standards or cooksports etc.

Overall car looks in good condition on photos body work and interior wise. Be nice to try and speak to previous owner if they happen to be member.

Hmmm not sure if I should view this now...

Thanks

Phil
I google'd up the reg, it had the plate H5 ARX on it at one point, no spotted thread comes up though.

Yellow calipers?
Fabia splitter?

Sure, you say you're going to replace springs anyway, but.........nah. If it was my money, I'd rather one that hadn't been around the retailparkring every given weekend.

There must be other ones less suspicious near you? Mileage isn't a worry, just condition and, most importantly, when is the cambelt up for changing, and if it was done recently, who by.

Pretty common CS mods there though, apart from the lack of painted badges!

Clio ph2 172
Yellow calipers?
Fabia splitter?

Think I will give it his one a miss. Cheers guys.

Not many for sale around Newcastle. Would rather buy from forum member if possible. All ways seem to be miles away the good ones that come up.

The search continues

All the help much appreciated fellas

Phil

Take your time and see a few, dont be afraid to travel, I went down to leeds from central scotland to get mine. There are still genuine low mileage, low owner cars out there if you look

Clio 220 Trophy
When I've looked for 1*2s in the past there's always been a place in Newcastle pop up which seems to stock a few at a time - believe it was called 'DTM'. Can't comment on whether it's a reasonable/trustworthy dealer though, I've just seen adverts in passing.

Listerine & Poledo
Don't be afraid to travel. Also, don't rely on a members car being any better than a regular sellers car (it could well be, but there are some proper sheds on here)
You CAN rely on them being driven in a "spirited" fashion, mostly.
IF you DO go looking at a forum members' old car....search for anything they've posted about it on here first. Particularly if it's posts in "road driving stories". The ones that contain zero conception of spelling and grammar should be avoided like West Africa.

You CAN rely on them being driven in a "spirited" fashion, mostly.
IF you DO go looking at a forum members' old car....search for anything they've posted about it on here first. Particularly if it's posts in "road driving stories". The ones that contain zero conception of spelling and grammar should be avoided like West Africa.
Amen bro!!
Some on here post up way too much info. It usually goes, 'ooh I just had a big crash' Then try to sell it two weeks later saying it's mint.. yeah it is now its been repainted! 😂

Listerine & Poledo
Amen bro!!
Some on here post up way too much info. It usually goes, 'ooh I just had a big crash' Then try to sell it two weeks later saying it's mint.. yeah it is now its been repainted! 😂
Basically, yes.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's not easy fitting that kind of exhaust to the 172 though, getting the pipework in around the spare wheel well is a right old faf.