ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of viewing

182 clio
thinking of viewing anyone any advice or know what to look out for?

Swivel hub bearings, ask when or if they've been done fairly recently.

Cambelt obviously, would be good to know if that's been done.

Window switches are notorious for packing up so check they all work.

Check the rear exhaust is in line with the rear bumper. Centre mounts are prone to failing giving you a wonky exhaust.

Great cars although mine was a petrol one, fun to drive.

182 clio
@YorkshireKyle has his apart every other day.
😂
Swivel hub bearings, ask when or if they've been done fairly recently.

Cambelt obviously, would be good to know if that's been done.

Window switches are notorious for packing up so check they all work.

Check the rear exhaust is in line with the rear bumper. Centre mounts are prone to failing giving you a wonky exhaust.

Great cars although mine was a petrol one, fun to drive.
thanks.
Any advice is greatly appreciated

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Where do I start!🤣🤣

Check swivels, they knock, clunk and squeak when turning. The standard turbos on these are w**k, check for fin damage and if it sounds like a police siren then walk away or drop the price £500. Window regulators are an issue, check all windows work, make sure it boosts properly because they're common to have the plaggy boost pipe rub holes in it on the cold side of the cooler. Make sure everything on the squib works, if wipers are a bit funky then itll be the squib. Engine mounts are a bit issue on these too, the oil filled one is a fart for failing quickly. EGR's are gimps too, theres a lot of stuff involved with the emissions system on these

Theres a lot of issues with em but if you drop on the right one they're mint cars! Mines a LUX and CUP, easiest way to tell is turn the traction control off and if it comes back on over 30mph then it's not a cup and LUX pack is leather seats, keyless etc

Gimme a shout if you need to know anything specific about em, as @TomSx mentioned, I have mine apart quite frequently haha

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I loved mine. But my wife had to drive it every day and hated it.
I genuinely believe that the dci’s are the best car that Renaultsport have produced. No cambelts to worry about, the clutches are proper strong, they go well, they’re reliable, good on fuel, fast (once mapped) they’re great.

Standard Megane issues though; door handles fall apart, key cards fall apart, door leak, electric windows fail, boot leaks water on your head, swivel hubs cost a fortune.

It I’d have another one, 100%.

6B8D1258-4D59-4F0B-8EF6-E8E3247E5012.jpeg

182 clio
Where do I start!🤣🤣

Check swivels, they knock, clunk and squeak when turning. The standard turbos on these are w**k, check for fin damage and if it sounds like a police siren then walk away or drop the price £500. Window regulators are an issue, check all windows work, make sure it boosts properly because they're common to have the plaggy boost pipe rub holes in it on the cold side of the cooler. Make sure everything on the squib works, if wipers are a bit funky then itll be the squib. Engine mounts are a bit issue on these too, the oil filled one is a fart for failing quickly. EGR's are gimps too, theres a lot of stuff involved with the emissions system on these

Theres a lot of issues with em but if you drop on the right one they're mint cars! Mines a LUX and CUP, easiest way to tell is turn the traction control off and if it comes back on over 30mph then it's not a cup and LUX pack is leather seats, keyless etc

Gimme a shout if you need to know anything specific about em, as @TomSx mentioned, I have mine apart quite frequently haha
Sounds like a headache 😂
I like the look of them hate red car but like these in red.
I loved mine. But my wife had to drive it every day and hated it.
I genuinely believe that the dci’s are the best car that Renaultsport have produced. No cambelts to worry about, the clutches are proper strong, they go well, they’re reliable, good on fuel, fast (once mapped) they’re great.

Standard Megane issues though; door handles fall apart, key cards fall apart, door leak, electric windows fail, boot leaks water on your head, swivel hubs cost a fortune.

It I’d have another one, 100%.

View attachment 1433468
Very nice