ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This HID Kit

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
Ive done a search, was looking at these for my car it has got standard headlamps etc ive been reading that il need projectors or something?

Gonna sound terrible i dont really know what people mean by projectors?

These kits are E marked etc and was gonna go for the 8000k as i want some blue light. After doing a search i saw it was H7 i needed for my car?

1.2 16V 2003

(Ebay add)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XENON-HID-KIT...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a4a6d1a5c

http://www.xenonshop.co.uk/vb_product.php

Basically could anyone just give a second opinion and some reassurence that these will be fine for my car ETC.

Cheers guys help appreciated as ever :).

Inferno 182
just a quick word of advise as I had some trouble with a customer's car who had the HID retro-fitted to his car they are illegal to fit to any car without headlight wash and either self leveling headlamps!

At work we had to contact the people in your second post as one of their systems had failed on one side, these people then explained that this was an illegal kit to fit unless the car had these options fitted.

I know its a late reply but I'd rather not see a CS member in trouble when it comes to MOT time or if some arsey copper wants to pull you over.

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
Appreciated that mate,

spent the money on new alloys now anyways lol.

Advice is good for anyone else doing a search though :)

Storm Grey 200
HID's are bad and fail worthy if with reflector lamps.

However with projectors they are ok, I have passed many an MOT with them fitted to my ph1. Although obviously I cant gaurentee that your car may pass even it has projectors.