ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This just fell off....what is it?

Clio 182
Hi guys,

I was just manouvering my car in the drive and then I heard a lump of metal fall off my car! I'm worried that it's something serious. I think it's from a suspension coil but I'm not too sure. Can someone please shed some light on it and tell me if it's dangerous to drive now or if I need to replace anything?

photo.jpg

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
part of ur spring, it will be fine to drive but may knock a little.

182cup & 172 racecar
Looks a bit like a piece of coil spring,check under the rear of the car.

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
thats part of the front coil

insurance technically yes, but if you go for eibch pros they're black and OE are black - not that i advise doing that ;)

you can buy pattern springs for about £40ea, but there's confusion about what they 'match' (every model has different springs)

or second hand off here

ok. Would you get the coil replaced or just live with it? Do you think it'll affect the handling much?

Probably pretty dangerous to drive as it will create unstable handling, certainly don't be pushing it until you've got it sorted or at least checked out.

Evo 8 MR
Probably pretty dangerous to drive as it will create unstable handling, certainly don't be pushing it until you've got it sorted or at least checked out.

lmao, it's snapped ffs, what's there to check out. It's pretty obvious.

Do what Fred said btw.

I have seen broken coil springs puncture tyres.

Dont fcuk about, just get a spring kit on it asap, or you could die a nasty death.

(to many people pussy footing about)

Clio 182 Cup FF
i work for insurance in motor claims so just to warn u if you do change to non standard and dont tell them and u right the car off they could not pay a penny or even pay the third partys claim which you would then have to pay for.
however it will depend when its written off if the garage notice the springs or not and if its just those you have replaced i can imagine they wouldnt not pay the whole claim probably just take off the amount of the springs!!

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
i work for insurance in motor claims so just to warn u if you do change to non standard and dont tell them and u right the car off they could not pay a penny or even pay the third partys claim which you would then have to pay for.
however it will depend when its written off if the garage notice the springs or not and if its just those you have replaced i can imagine they wouldnt not pay the whole claim probably just take off the amount of the springs!!

Id like to see an insurance assesor tell the difference between standard springs and eibach pro's. There OE on some cars now anyway. Are they going to start making all people with old cars where the springs have sagged buy new springs as there car is not the correct ride height anymore? ofcourse there not. This is where insurance companys become pathetic.