ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This look odd at all

The 1.2 Clios is infact 1149cc but its called a 1.2 for some reason.

I think its like BMW saying the 318 it should/used to mean a 3 series with a 1.8 engine but its infact 1.9 I belive. Same for the 535d its a 3.0 liter diesel.

The new shape came in on a the Y plates hence why Evo had a Y reg new shape 172.

133/225/CLS AMG

That is a weird one as its got the same interior (bar the colour) of the X reg, MK2 phase 1 Clio Grande I had but has a phase 2 exterior!! :confused:

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 01 January 2005

I think its like BMW saying the 318 it should/used to mean a 3 series with a 1.8 engine but its infact 1.9 I belive. Same for the 535d its a 3.0 liter diesel.

318 - 2.0

316 - 1.8

Just to be clear :p

Clio Sport 172

that also doesnt have the renault badge on the boot which was a facelift part on the mk2 phase 2

Cat D

Broke in through the boot, then damaged dash perhaps.

Parts obtained cheaply from another car?

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

I dont think so Day172, it actually says its a Grande RN, non of the new shapes have that title.

That doesnt look right, isnt the front end from an newer car ?

The boot button at the back should be the silver one, with the renault badge..

or am i wrong

Its been recovered from Cat D damage so front and back bumpers were replaced with the Ph2 rather than Ph1. 1.1 becuase cc is 1149. ;)

Thus the interior is Ph1

Quote: Originally posted by 172 Exclusive on 02 January 2005
Then that would also include replacing the front wings and headlights..

And more no doubt...

172 cup'd extreme

there are loads of hybrid ones about my ex-driving instructor had phase 1 mk 2 51 plate with a phase 2 interior and that was bought brand new

think theve tryd to make it look like a new style 1 after its been in a smash, or the thick f*cker got the wrong parts.

Ford Fiesta

I emailed him about these points and he replied,

"

"hi there
i will look in2 what you are saying as i have not realized this.
thanks a lot."