ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This Lookers 200 Deal...

How so Revels?

- Tyres are no more/less expensive than other renault sports
- You wont pay servicing on this, as the deal is 2yrs and the car doesnt need a service until 2yrs
- You will pay less tax on this deal as the dealer includes a years tax on the new car
- Fuel is debateable really, depends how you drive any car

And then add onto that no need for a MOT and having warranty and i think it pays for itself. For me anyway i weighed up what i paid on my 172 during its year of ownership and this deal comes out cheaper and allows me to drive a brand new car!

Depending on the resale value in 2yrs time will dictate if i trade it back or not, who knows.

Okay, tyres I thought were different sizes/bigger on the 200? Servicing/tax you have a point. The MPG is far worse, especially on a new one.

MOT is only £50, obviously it depends what fails and having a warranty and brand new car is a nice luxury. But if you spent £2.5k on your 172 in a year then you clearly bought a shed! Lol.

I did seriously consider it, but it would make it worse in 2years when I had to give it back, I'm used to something old now. I resisted even going for a test drive because I knew I'd want one instantly :eek:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
No point in loading one with options if you're going to hand it back in two years, the gfv will be the same.

You say that
All cars depreciate.
I think getting a car at a cost that its roughly worth after a year is as good as you can make of the situation.
I would prefer the buying out right for cash option but the finance option is still attractive.

tiTTy & SV650
I'm sure it's a good deal, I'm just convincing myself that I don't need a new car every again! lol

V6 255
No point in loading one with options if you're going to hand it back in two years, the gfv will be the same.

If you have a more desirable car because of the options, then it will be worth more. Possibly more than the GFV so instead of giving it back, sell it and make a bit of money