ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This Lookers 200 Deal...

RB 182
Ive been to Lookers Stockport as the deal ends on the 30th of Sept. Now they're sayin it has tk be registered by the 30th of Sept so i have to order one thats already in the country so the colour combo/wheel combo i want isnt available. Now is this true, as they didnt even know anythin about the deal until i showed it them on the website? Or are they just tryin to rush a deal through?

I cant think of who to ask it its all true other than a dealer someone else has dealt with?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Not sure, I used Lookers in Macclesfield and they were spot on. In fact, should be picking up a Twingo RS for my brother on monday. If they aren't too far, give them a call and speak to Steve.

V6 255
If you can't get anything from lookers, I know Harratts also did a similar deal, don't know if it's still on but worth a try

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Im still taking orders on 200 Cup £999 dep/£205 per month deal.

Deliveries are currently 1st week in December, which I will honour :)

I expect they are putting the pressure on stock cars to achieve September tagrets.

Clio 182.
I got mine from harrats. They said it had to be ORDERED by the end of september, that was £1000 deposit (although i only paid £200 :s) and £189 pm (for a Cup with no options). They have ended the deal now though.

Renault Clio 182 Trophy
I wanted the Speedlines on mine, but because it was already at the port they weren't able to do it.

Seats they can change apparently, but wheels are an option that have to be fitted from the factory!

200 Cup & DC2
Lookers Chelmsford said they would honour orders before 30th Sept.

They did me a Clio Cup for £695 deposit and 24x £199.

Lookers Chelmsford said they would honour orders before 30th Sept.

They did me a Clio Cup for £695 deposit and 24x £199.

Not looking for a 200 myself but was interested to see what deals where around as last year I was dead set on getting one but have the 182 for now.

The above sum only totals around £5500. Am I missing something?

200 Cup & DC2
yea PCP .. balloon payment at end
Yes, PCP deal. GFV is £8700 IIRC. I'll most likely give it back. I've yet to keep a car longer than two years and especially a French one.

The PCP deal included a £3000 dealer contribution, more than I could have got paying cash and interest was 4.5%.

RB 182
Still says ends 30th Sept on the Lookers site. I paud £1000 depo and £199 x 24 as they tried to make my paymebts £248 a month for £340 of options so paid outright for them

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I suppose it works out at only paying the depreciation (roughly..?)

Im unsure wether i'd do this or buy a 1*2 outright, then i suppose you would have some sort of equity on it per se...?

Discounted 1*2 parts
I suppose it works out at only paying the depreciation (roughly..?)

Im unsure wether i'd do this or buy a 1*2 outright, then i suppose you would have some sort of equity on it per se...?

This is my dilema

By a 200 and pay the monthly payment or buy a 1*2 outright and be prepared to pay out for repairs and wear and tear items etc

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
This is my dilema

By a 200 and pay the monthly payment or buy a 1*2 outright and be prepared to pay out for repairs and wear and tear items etc

Depends what you'll be using it for. Daily commuting etc, the 200 is miles ahead. Track and purely as a fun car, the 182 is more suitable. Make it a trophy and you shouldn't even lose much on it.

200 Cup & DC2
Does anyone have an idea if you can add options to the lookers deals?
Yes you can, I did. You can spread the cost of the options over your monthly repayments, or, as I did, pay for them in my deposit.

Depends what you'll be using it for. Daily commuting etc, the 200 is miles ahead. Track and purely as a fun car, the 182 is more suitable. Make it a trophy and you shouldn't even lose much on it.
This is why I ordered my 200. Hopefully a trouble free, everyday runabout. I have a dedicated trackcar for my fun car.

RB 182
Ive had 2 172s and a 182 and just wanted something new because in my opinion i deserve it!

Its better to pay for the options in your deposit as they add loads to it over the monthly payments

200 Cup & DC2
Its better to pay for the options in your deposit as they add loads to it over the monthly payments
If you do it that way, you aren't paying any interest on the cost of your options. Not that I bothered with many, I wanted plenty but only needed a/c. I think I put down circa £1200; £695 deposit and £500 for a/c.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Think I'll look at buying a 200 in 2 years - the dealers are going to have loads returned to them!

Clio 200 Cup
doubt it would cost much more to add option of 20k miles a year

6p per mile. 10k miles "costs" you £600. The idea of setting a mileage at the start of the deal is to "guarantee" the car will be worth enough to settle the finance after the first two years. If you want to keep the car and re-finance the bubble then the mileage really doesnt matter at all. But if you want to give the car back then you have to pay the additional depreciation caused by the excess mileage.

Think I'll look at buying a 200 in 2 years - the dealers are going to have loads returned to them!

LOL this is very true. Let these guys spec up the cars and take the financial hit... and buy them in 2 years when they're finished with them. We all know that options don't really change the second hand value too much.

I thought about it, but to get the spec I want, it would cost me a fortune for effectively a rental.

That £200 a month is better in my mortgage fund.

tiTTy & SV650
been there done that before in 2004 with my 182 brand new, paid 11,800 - sold for 6650 3.5 years later.

Bought a 2nd hand 172 for £3300

Point is, as tempting as these deals are I won't be doing it again. My mileage justified it originally (warranty was really valuable to me!) but not any more

200 Cup & DC2
I thought about it, but to get the spec I want, it would cost me a fortune for effectively a rental.

That £200 a month is better in my mortgage fund.
It was actually because of a mortgage I ordered mine. Allowed me to put all my capital into a deposit and fix my monthly outgoings. No nasty (expensive) surprises if something goes wrong with the car.

Mortgage was probably the wrong way to put it, I meant deposit! Lol.

It's obviously nice to have a new car and the warranty that goes with it but it will still need tyres/servicing/tax/fuel they aren't cheap. My car might (read will) go wrong more often and obviously I'll have to pay for it to be fixed but it shouldn't ever cost me £2400 a year!

Mini Cooper S
In 2 years time, there will be a shed load of shed 200s about. If people only have them on a 2 year agreement. They are going to be ragged to hell! Used & abused. I doubt there will be many well looked after examples available.

Nissan 350z
How so Revels?

- Tyres are no more/less expensive than other renault sports
- You wont pay servicing on this, as the deal is 2yrs and the car doesnt need a service until 2yrs
- You will pay less tax on this deal as the dealer includes a years tax on the new car
- Fuel is debateable really, depends how you drive any car

And then add onto that no need for a MOT and having warranty and i think it pays for itself. For me anyway i weighed up what i paid on my 172 during its year of ownership and this deal comes out cheaper and allows me to drive a brand new car!

Depending on the resale value in 2yrs time will dictate if i trade it back or not, who knows.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
How so Revels?

- Tyres are no more/less expensive than other renault sports
- You wont pay servicing on this, as the deal is 2yrs and the car doesnt need a service until 2yrs
- You will pay less tax on this deal as the dealer includes a years tax on the new car
- Fuel is debateable really, depends how you drive any car

And then add onto that no need for a MOT and having warranty and i think it pays for itself. For me anyway i weighed up what i paid on my 172 during its year of ownership and this deal comes out cheaper and allows me to drive a brand new car!

Depending on the resale value in 2yrs time will dictate if i trade it back or not, who knows.

Whut? 12 months or 12k, whichevers soonest...

Nissan 350z
Thats the 197, they have changed it to 2yrs or 12k for the 200 (i'll confirm when i read the manual on collection on Monday lol)