ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This Mornings Road Rage!

Going to work this morning, casual as anything (apart from eyes streaming - suffering from hayfever). Waiting at the traffic lights, just before a good strech of road in the right hand lane. When an old xr2 with two 17ish nobheads in pulled up next to me in the left hand lane, reving his 800cc or whatever engine.

The lights went to green and he tried to pull off sharply, I let him carry on for a couple of seconds, until I thought fcuk this for a game of cards. Went past him still in the 40mph speed limit and carried on my way to work.

The next thing I turned off the roundabout (with a car in front of me) and after a couple of mins he was behind me on my back bumper, touched my brakes in I could see him panic. Next thing I noticed this nob stick his fingers up and shouting loads of Fs and Bs, I just looked up and smilied.

I carried on around the road to work at about 15mph (speed limit 20mph) with him behind me, had to stop for a lorry turning and I looked in my mirror and just smiled that the nob. Then I turned off to work then the nob carried on.

Great start to the day! (I suppose thats what you get for having a racing blue with stripes?)

RB182cup&golf gti

jealousy mate! Makes me laugh that some of these nobs try it on, then again its prob to get a rise out of you and watch you screw it off!

none :(

well done son

i hate it when you have dick heads right on ya arse i just slam my brakes on they soon back off then.

Knobends.

Ive become wary of doing anything that might antagonise any of these scroats - you just dont know how they might respond! Ive been followed before by some t**ser despite doing nothing wrong (other than tap my brakes when some t**ser was driving right up my chuff).

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by nobblebonce on 17 June 2005

well done son

i hate it when you have dick heads right on ya arse i just slam my brakes on they soon back off then.
I hope someone slams their skip into the back of your car!

Slamming on ya brakes is just as dangerous, if not more so.

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 17 June 2005

well done son

they can do that, their fault for going into the back of me should leave a 2 second gap.

I used to get wound up a lot myself. But you just dont know who is in the other car there are some crazy people out there who wouldnt think twice about getting out of there car and kicking the c**p out of you. I know of two lads that carry small bats in there car, you dont want to antagonise these people the consequences aint worth it.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

well done son

they can do that, their fault for going into the back of me should leave a 2 second gap.
Yeah, but if I had a sh*tter of a work van, I know Id do it!

Wouldnt be my insurance, and Id simply say that you delibaretly caused it. Youd then be looking at a knackered car, long delays on insurance and all becuase you were a C**T by slamming your brakes on.

He had to brake for a cat coco pops, cat ran off as soon as he got out of car

Can you prove otherwise...........?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

No, but in a work van.... would I care ;)

Or if I was an uninsured Chav

Or if I was in a stolen car

etc, you get the picture......

Im just trying to say that his stupidity would cause him more greif with bodyshops etc than letting it go.

RS4

if you go into the back of somebody it is always going to be your fault, i.e the 2 second gap an all that malarky

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by clio007 on 17 June 2005

if you go into the back of somebody it is always going to be your fault, i.e the 2 second gap an all that malarky
What Im trying to say, is yes you are correct.... but are you really gonna think "yay, its his fault" even tho your pride and joy is knackered with panels dented, bumpers caved in etc.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

yeh i understand where your coming from actually...by the way is your pride and joy is your workvan?:p
No, my pride and joy is the yellow westy <<< taht some little scrote crashed into! And believe me the last thing Im thinking is "its ok hes insured" when its gonna take 4-6 weeks to be rebuilt.

I dont have a work van ;) Just trying to make a point.

well done son

Wouldnt be my insurance, and Id simply say that you delibaretly caused it. Youd then be looking at a knackered car, long delays on insurance and all becuase you were a C**T by slamming your brakes on.

Totally agree fella.

so what am i meant to do if a kid runs out in front of me?

"oh sorry mr judge i didnt slam my brakes on, as some c**t was up my arse and i didnt want my pride n joy dented"

im sure they would let me off for that

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

so what am i meant to do if a kid runs out in front of me?

"oh sorry mr judge i didnt slam my brakes on, as some c**t was up my arse and i didnt want my pride n joy dented"

im sure they would let me off for that
Thats different to what you said before:

"i hate it when you have dick heads right on ya arse i just slam my brakes on they soon back off then."

RS4

point taken cocopops, but really you shoudnt be up his arse anyways, you should be on the other side of the road trying to overtake him:D

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

point taken cocopops, but really you shoudnt be up his arse anyways, you should be on the other side of the road trying to overtake him:D
And nobblebonce would propably swerve into the side of my car, and say a fox ran into the road ;)

RS4

And nobblebonce would propably swerve into the side of my car, and say a fox ran into the road ;)
or the lochness monster:D

black golf v6 4 motion

well done son

not neccesarely (spelling) true could go knock for knock as you breaked for no reason

well done son

I didnt SLAM! on my brakes, I said I touched on my brakes! Bit of a difference :mad:

If you are going to put the brakes on why dont you just gently touch the brake peddle so the lights flash but the car does not slow down (the old left foot braking technique)

I find it works a treat....

Vee dub

I seem to attract a load of knobends in my car

Normally because I just drive really steadily in my valver and never seem to boot it much :oops:

Think the rude boys get a bit frustrated and want a race lol

Love it

Tom

This thread is very entertaining. While we are talking about taligating has anyone else noticed that Golf GTI or TD drivers are always tailgating? Seems to be a personality trait...weird.

But so we can all be happy how about fitting a paint spray into the rear bumper then instead of braking you could all be happy and just paint the front of the offending car a different colour? :p

Weeman sucks ****

i agree with cocopops, the worst thing to do is to brake when someone is winding you up. best off changing down a gear and slowly lose your speed then spank it, if you want to f**k em off that will! or slap the rear fog on, always a joy.

^^^ LOL, quality dangermouse! :devilish:

But what colour would you carry? Luminous yellow, cos there aint many cars in that shade.

Simply switching your lights on (if its day) should do the trick....but I agree, its generally better to ignore these penis envy sorts....I dont try to race 911s away from the lights. By all means show them whos boss in a straight line, but cutting people up, using the horn, slamming breaks on etc rarely has a happy ending.

Its just easier said than done when youre mad...but the thing that makes me more mad is the old boy in his (pristine) 1993 Rover 214 that flashes you when youve safely and legally overtaken him. Perhaps its the old adage...if someone is in front of you travelling slower than you want..theyre a ponderous prat and if someone overtakes you, theyre a dangerous road menace.

Totally agree with the point about Golf DTI/TDI drivers - very aggressive in general

[Edited by Brooktop on 17 June 2005 at 1:05pm]

Yeah or maybe a couple of colours just to make sure lol.

Quote: Originally posted by Ally on 17 June 2005

^^^ LOL, quality dangermouse! :devilish:

But what colour would you carry? Luminous yellow, cos there aint many cars in that shade.

133/225/CLS AMG

Saw a mod in some magazing where the guy can press a button and his number plates down exposing a row of halogen bulbs. Just blind the b******s!! haha

I dont know what it is with people feeling the need to compete but had some guy on my boot in a BMW 1 series. As soon as i got to a dual carriageway hes was left behind, until I slow down to turn off and I see this guy overtaking and undertaking to try and catch up!!! What a w**ker.

Quote: Originally posted by Brooktop on 17 June 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Simply switching your lights on (if its day) should do the trick....but I agree, its generally better to ignore these penis envy sorts....I dont try to race 911s away from the lights. By all means show them whos boss in a straight line, but cutting people up, using the horn, slamming breaks on etc rarely has a happy ending.Its just easier said than done when youre mad...but the thing that makes me more mad is the old boy in his (pristine) 1993 Rover 214 that flashes you when youve safely and legally overtaken him. Perhaps its the old adage...if someone is in front of you travelling slower than you want..theyre a ponderous prat and if someone overtakes you, theyre a dangerous road menace.Totally agree with the point about Golf DTI/TDI drivers - very aggressive in general

[Edited by Brooktop on 17 June 2005 at 1:05pm]

Its old time courtesy, hes flashing you to let you know that youre clear of him and hes saying its safe for you to pull in. He was probably actually being polite to you.

pffft, the ones that do it to me are usually half a mile behind before theve woken up from their slumber and fumbled around to find the stalk to flash me!

grrr!

On a side note though, I wouldnt recommend slamming on the brakes - what if they arent insured? Youd be a bit f***ed...