ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This seem a good price?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Just been to local detailer and he has quoted me around £250 for a full detail on my car would you say this is a good price?

He is very good at what he does and i have seen some of the cars he has worked on...

Quick vid of one of his details

The list of what will be done (Taken from his site)

----
This full detail is to increase the paintwork's depth and gloss, making this detail suitable for those that want a significant improvement on a vehicle's finish. This is done by a single stage machine polish which is then topped by a premium wax providing a long lasting durability to the finish.

-Wheels cleaned, front, back and inside, with 'none acidic' wheel cleaner
-Wheel arches cleaned by hand and protected
-Full paintwork decontamination with clay, to remove bonded contaminants
-Hand dried using ultra soft microfibre towels

-Paint thickness measured using electronic coating gauge
-Full documentation of paint thicknesses and condition
-Paintwork Burnishing via machine polisher with glazing oils for the ultimate finish
-Paintwork cleansed with pre-wax treatment (lime prime) to aid the bonding of wax
-Super-premium high carnauba wax applied to all painted surfaces, OR
-Professional grade paint sealant applied to all paint work
-Chrome and stainless steel trim cleaned and polished
-Wheels waxed with wax/sealant coating
-Tyres cleaned and dressed with rubber preserver
-Windows cleaned and polished, inside and out

Thats pretty much what will be done with mine but i will be gettin a 2 stage machine polish apparently :approve:

Last edited by a moderator:
  LY 182
Is he on Detailing World? £250 seems pretty reasonable to me if he's a proper company and has plenty examples of high quality work.

Shut up I'm tired, Lol!

I don't know MP. However, it looks just fine. Maybe a little basic and the wording doesn't make sense to me... "Wax then seal" But for £250 he's aiming high and with decent cars in...

Time will tell ;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Not sure if he is on DW, His company is called MP Auto Detailing

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Shut up I'm tired, Lol!

I don't know MP. However, it looks just fine. Maybe a little basic and the wording doesn't make sense to me... "Wax then seal" But for £250 he's aiming high and with decent cars in...

Time will tell ;)

Iv seen some of the cars he has worked on and they look great, so might go with it.. He has a 2 months waiting list though :dapprove:

He has a PDG. Good start.

A what now?

Paint Depth Guage.

Ask him if he has insurance, in a nice way, like; "Looks great, but I'm worried something could go wrong i.e. you f**k it up because you're a Billy with a Buffer who saw an opportunity to make money from poor unsuspecting people like me and just charge the earth and don't give a crap if my car comes back in a worse state than when I dropped it off."

If he does, go for it.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I see...

Well il probably end up going with it, need to get it booked in asap though as the list is getting bigger :dapprove:

Kinda glad its a 2month wait as the weather will have cleared up by then hopefully..

I see...

Well il probably end up going with it, need to get it booked in asap though as the list is getting bigger :dapprove:

Kinda glad its a 2month wait as the weather will have cleared up by then hopefully..

I would have suggested you coming to me fella, I'm only an hour or so away. But I have so little time. Thought about going to other members local around here? Bifcaids would spring to mind...?

Thanks EllD ;) More useful than Google you ;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I would have suggested you coming to me fella, I'm only an hour or so away. But I have so little time. Thought about going to other members local around here? Bifcaids would spring to mind...?

Thought about it, your all around the manchester area aint you? Which is a good 2hour+ Journey from here :dapprove:

Mike might. I won't. Purely due to time.

Thing is Tunst, Mike will charge sweet FA but do a cracking job, relative to £250.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Mike might. I won't. Purely due to time.

Thing is Tunst, Mike will charge sweet FA but do a cracking job, relative to £250.

Il have a think, im in no rush tbh, could mayb make a day out of it with the mrs i guess..

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
f**k off the lot of you.

ME.

trollface.jpg

Honda & VW
Shame that GTR was soooo clean in the first place on that video, doesn't look such a jump in condition when its already next to perfect.
I always like JimWD's write ups etc as the state of most the cars he does are in a shoddy state to begin so at the end its extremely impressive when you look at the turn around he gets.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm still feeling sceptical.

Far too many cowboys out there.

Thing is, £250 is a lot of cash to spend and not get the result you're after. Might be worth going to someone that the DW massive have all heard of.

I'd rather pay the bit extra and go to Polished Bliss than some random close by.

Fiat Doblo
I'm still feeling sceptical.

Far too many cowboys out there.

Hi All, think its time to make a post

Cheers for popping in mark for a chat

I am not a cowboy who simply uses a Filler Heavy Polish and bish bash done, I have built up a client base and waiting list that should show my customers are very happy and would not call me a "Cowboy" ( I carry full Insurance which I can guarantee some weekend warriors that do detailing for friends of friends wont have- Would hate for them to strike through a panel without it)

I am on Detailing World but just don't advertise as a Detailer on their, as not every reputable Detailer does.

The Price Quoted was for a 2 stage Enhancement - which will show great results but is by no means a Full 5-7 day paintwork correction (I have a Bentley coming in to me from over 100 miles away for one of these and will post a video up)

If anyone wants to question my credentials feel free to drop me a PM or email

Here is another Video of a car a bit swirlyer :rasp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtcaOSVmkOc

Hi All, think its time to make a post

Cheers for popping in mark for a chat

I am not a cowboy who simply uses a Filler Heavy Polish and bish bash done, I have built up a client base and waiting list that should show my customers are very happy and would not call me a "Cowboy" ( I carry full Insurance which I can guarantee some weekend warriors that do detailing for friends of friends wont have- Would hate for them to strike through a panel without it)

I am on Detailing World but just don't advertise as a Detailer on their, as not every reputable Detailer does.

The Price Quoted was for a 2 stage Enhancement - which will show great results but is by no means a Full 5-7 day paintwork correction (I have a Bentley coming in to me from over 100 miles away for one of these and will post a video up)

If anyone wants to question my credentials feel free to drop me a PM or email

Here is another Video of a car a bit swirlyer :rasp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtcaOSVmkOc

But you can understand us being sceptical of anyone we don't know, can you not?

I had a case two years ago where a client was charged similar money by a Billy with a Buffer at a paint shop. The results were so bad, I couldn't do a lot with most of the panels as they were below 50microns. 50! The only area they hadn't touched was the roof (because it had the R27 graphics), and this read a nice healthy 120.

They didn't have insurance and therefore wiped their hands of the matter...

I would rather suggest caution and be proved wrong (as in this case), than suggest going for a relatively unknown detailer (to me). I'm sure you can understand that, as also being in the business you must have heard your fair share of horror stories!

Fiat Doblo
But you can understand us being sceptical of anyone we don't know, can you not?

I had a case two years ago where a client was charged similar money by a Billy with a Buffer at a paint shop. The results were so bad, I couldn't do a lot with most of the panels as they were below 50microns. 50! The only area they hadn't touched was the roof (because it had the R27 graphics), and this read a nice healthy 120.

They didn't have insurance and therefore wiped their hands of the matter...

I would rather suggest caution and be proved wrong (as in this case), than suggest going for a relatively unknown detailer (to me). I'm sure you can understand that, as also being in the business you must have heard your fair share of horror stories!

I understand 100% - There is a Valeting company that is close to me that says it does detailing (There idea of detailing is using a fancy Dodo Juice Wax :dapprove:) and machine polishing from £30!!

I've had people come from them to me after having there car being covered in holograms and swirled to hell after what looks like turning the rotary to the fastest speed and use some G3.

You will get to know me a bit more on Detailing World as I am soon to become a DW supporter as quite a few people get the idea unless your on there your not a reputable detailer