ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This will reveal the age of some gamers on here - if you remember this!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Oh happy days... *sniff* :eek:

I still have working Atari VC2600's (wood effect and the 'newer' slimline version) as well as my Colecovision. I have to admit to having just about every console made since my birth back in 19xx. However, I have sold my Wii and can't be bothered with the PS3. But I do enjoy the 360 and the best console EVAR - the Dreamcast.

Why have we kept things like this? I've got a PS1 and wouldn't really be bothered if it never switched back on. But I'd be gutted if the Atari 2600 didn't work again - even though I haven't switched it on in years.

Do we hang on to kit like this because it was the first real generation of consoles? Or that we're all just really nostalgic about playing games that we thought were superb as a kid?

D.

A bit recent, but I had a Panasonic Q abut 5 years ago when I lived at home and had money, uber-rare console!

GCBling.jpg

Also owned a Mega CD (sold it last week), 32X (so so bad) and Game Gear over the years. I always really really wanted an Amiga CD32 but could never afford one, think it worked out for the best, to be honest.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
A bit recent, but I had a Panasonic Q abut 5 years ago when I lived at home and had money, uber-rare console!

GCBling.jpg

Also owned a Mega CD (sold it last week), 32X (so so bad) and Game Gear over the years. I always really really wanted an Amiga CD32 but could never afford one, think it worked out for the best, to be honest.

Never heard of that one. :S Was it a Jap import?

D.

Astra CDTI SRI
When i was little, my dad had one of these.

ti-994a.jpg

ti-994a-name-2.jpg

Texas Instruments TI-99/4A
Released: June 1981
Price: US$525 (without monitor)
How many: 2.8 Million
CPU: TI TMS9900, 3MHz
Memory: 16K RAM, 26K ROM
Display: Video via an RF modulator
32 characters by 24 lines text
192 X 256, 16 color graphics
Ports: ROM cartridge (on front)
Data storage cassette
Audio/Video output
Joystick input
CPU bus expansion
Peripherals: Speech Synthesizer
Peripheral Expansion Box
Data storage cassette
300 baud modem

Check out the add-ons!

99peripherals.jpg

To remedy this situation, TI released the Peripheral Expansion Box as a more convenient way to expand the TI-99/4A. It is huge, and of very solid and high quality construction.

Introduced in January 1982, the Peripheral Expansion Box cost $1475.00, including:

* Disk controller card and one SS/SD floppy drive
* RS-232 interface card
* 32K memory expansion card

It is estimated that one PEB was sold (250,000) for every ten TI-99/4A consoles sold (2.5 million).

Never heard of that one. :S Was it a Jap import?

D.

Yep, all my GC games were Japanese so I splashed out for one of those insane things. Donkey Konga with J-Pop was immense, the missus isn't at all into Japanese culture but she loved it.

Cracking DVD player as well.