ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thought I'd better run my intentions past the detailing peeps...

BMW E46 330i Touring
Just going to order some bits and pieces from Serious Performance, to try some new, better, products than my trusty old NXT wax!

What do people think to:

P21s Concours Look Carnauba Paste Wax.
Clearkote Quik-Shine.
Poorboy's Spray and Wipe Quick Detailer, for shows, etc when a full wash isn't possible.

Would it be worth leaving out the Quik-Shine and going elsewhere for the OCW, or even trying some EX-P as a sealant after the P21s instead?

BMW E46 330i Touring
After having a bit of a look around, it seems it might work better having the NXT wax first as it seems to contain glazing oils as well, then something like EX-P and then P21s over the top... that sound about right?

106 GTi
If your going to use EX-p use it before the P21s

Get both the Quikshine and the Spray and Wipe and then you will be prpeared for most situations, light or heavier dust.

For the base I would be tempted to use Autoglym Super Resin and OCW, then top with p21s

106 GTi
acrebo said:
After having a bit of a look around, it seems it might work better having the NXT wax first as it seems to contain glazing oils as well, then something like EX-P and then P21s over the top... that sound about right?

I would use either the NXT or the EX-p and then the P21s.

Using both is a wasted step NXT and EX-p is a doing the same thing.

If you want a glaze and sealant route.

Clearkote Vannilla Moose Hand Glaze, Poorboys Ex-p Sealant and top with P21s. That was my chosen cmbo on my light blue 306 for years. Wet, glossy and lots of flake pop.