ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

threadin cables through doors

Fabia vRS

how do I thread my speaker cables through my door rubber thingys?

Cos their not like my last car, cant just bung em through.

U know wat i mean?

cheerz

Jim.

From reading the clio modding guide, if u already have cable runnig to teh doors there are usually a few unsed cables that u can tap into and run through to the door, if ur going for quanity speaker cable then the best bet woudl be wot i did (as i have a basic model and no electrics in doors), just run the cable through the seal on the caciss and the through the seal on the door, ill post a pic up of how ive done mine.

Fabia vRS

Ive been told it requires drilling...but me drills n loads of cables dont mix...

Lets hope ur idea works lunner

hehehe yea i dont thnik u need to drill any holes lol ! think u just gottta take the door cards off so u can access the rubber grommit thingy and feed soem cable thru !

Fabia vRS

I already have the door panels off, had them off a couple of weeks now :oops:

Just need to do that drilling to finish off my install.

Yeah will post pics this evening lads.

Dont exactly look the best unless u have fancy cables, but its easy enough to do.

so to remove the rubber grommit thingy rick , is there just 2 screws then it pulls out and u have betetr access ??

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I2ich16v - yeah, there are two torx screws holding it in place on the bit thats attached to the car bodywork. I used a pair of pliers and a torx screwdriver bit to get them out. Its a bit tight but you wont be able to get access to them otherwise.

lunner - the cables feed from the car body through the holes in the plug and then inside the rubber tubing that goes to the doors. Ill see if I can get some better pictures tomorrow showing where the cabling goes.

The way I did mine was to connect the new wires onto the existing speaker wires on the connector plug on the A-pilar - http://www.mcmillan-uk.com/clio/plug.jpgwww.mcmillan-uk.com/clio/plug.jpg

If you dont want to do it that way then you will either have to drill out the pins on the socket/plug as Rick has shown - but you will have to do this at both ends of the rubber tube bit as there is another plug/socket at the door end. The other option is to drill a hole in the a-pillar and the door and fit another rubber cable tube - you should be able to pick them up at a car audio place for a few quid.

rite the easyiest way to do this on a mark2, phase 2 clio (2001 >) is to remove the two torx bits holdin the multi plug to the cars chassis from inside the door shut....then pull the plug back inside the car and get a dremel and cut the piece of plastic off the bottom screw hole and trim it back until level with the plug

then take a large-ish drill bit and enlarge the hole from inside the footwell as so to avoid takin the door off....then pop ur cable through this and make a slice in the bottom of the gromit and feed the wire into this and into the door...then screw the multiplug back into the door using the only remainin top hole (this is strong enough for the job) and then way hay job done

Fabia vRS

I have been doing mine 2day...ive done the drivers side, but that final clip wont go on properly + i tested my leccy windows and my i cant wind down my passenger side window from the drivers side!!!

Its too dark now, so am gunna have 2 do the passenger side another day

Also I know have barely any finger left after giving it a good drilling :(:p

Do you recon that seeing as how i dont have any acbles going to my doors, i could just source the rubber bit and remove the wirign plug from the inside of the car, and drill a large hole through the wiring plug and just thread the cable through, and just have that as the only cabel going through.