ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Threadlock for turbo

ValverInBits
I've got 4 studs missing from my GT28RS 5 bolt exhaust flange. I can buy some stainless M8 studding and chop it into smaller studs to replace them.

How should I stop the studs working loose from the turbo??
Is there a loctite threadlock stable to 8 or 900degC? Is there a better way?

Any help much appreciated. I also have to use M8 stud with 2 nuts on most of my T25 flange bolts due to access, so I need the same solution there.

Mark

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
they heat up and shrink expand etc alot so i would try and get some oem ones, and make sure you torq them up to the recommended setting

Other wise they will keep going, my friend had a similar problem but with his exhaust manifold on his r33 gtst

Dont think a dab of loctite would hurt, but it might bubble away if the turbs is getting roasty??

ValverInBits
they heat up and shrink expand etc alot so i would try and get some oem ones, and make sure you torq them up to the recommended setting

Other wise they will keep going, my friend had a similar problem but with his exhaust manifold on his r33 gtst

Dont think a dab of loctite would hurt, but it might bubble away if the turbs is getting roasty??

I've had a quick look round the loctite website at their threadlock varieties. The one they describe as "high temperature" is stable to 250 odd degrees, so that's useless where turbos are concerned.
OEM studs. hmm. Might have to email owen developments and ask them if they stock them. Owen are not cheap though :dapprove:

Pug 205 gti
thread losc would be ok, i had the same problem with my old pulsar. i got new bolts then thread locked them an they were fine then dude

ValverInBits
cheers danny. I'll do that.

Owen developments want £2.50 a stud. I could afford it, but why the need to take the p1ss?