ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Threads to feature on the Facebook page

MartinL1993

ClioSport Moderator
Okay guys, so as you know I have been let lose on the Facebook page and am after help/suggestions/guinea pigs for a way of tying Facebook to the website a little more, by posting weekly or more or less by incorporating a overview of threads etc into the Facebook page linking to the address
Suggestions/thoughts? Thanks

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
The benefits of the forum over Renaultsport/Clio Facebook groups is the ease of searching for solutions for various problems, interesting debates on topical issues, and great project threads.

If the Facebook group wants to compete with other similar Facebook groups I just don't see the point. But if you want to generate forum traffic then tease people in with snippets of the stuff that really adds value. Highlight some of the pinned threads or how to guides, for example.

Is there any empirical evidence that it will work? Or are Facebook folk going to stay on Facebook no matter how big the carrot is that you dangle.

MartinL1993

ClioSport Moderator
The benefits of the forum over Renaultsport/Clio Facebook groups is the ease of searching for solutions for various problems, interesting debates on topical issues, and great project threads.

If the Facebook group wants to compete with other similar Facebook groups I just don't see the point. But if you want to generate forum traffic then tease people in with snippets of the stuff that really adds value. Highlight some of the pinned threads or how to guides, for example.

Is there any empirical evidence that it will work? Or are Facebook folk going to stay on Facebook no matter how big the carrot is that you dangle.
Yeah the Facebook page would only work along side. the website like you say is far better for this it would purely act as a go between, it would ideally act as a little bit of content on the page aswell

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
But giving forum stuff to fb crowd who aren’t paid members de value paid members accounts

I don’t think that’s the aim, Tim suggested showing the depth of knowledge, guides and content to the Facebook page, not actually copying everything over to there.

So when someone posts a problem, “here’s a guide to fix that, amongst other guides, which are exclusive to cliosport members”

But it’s not about gaining memberships, it’s to join the community because it seems the Facebook and forum are two separate entities with different members on each.