ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Three 182 issues

Clio Sport 182
All,
Just a couple of questions if I may. I am posting this here as they are not linked problems. I hope you don’t mind.

1) I recently had an issue with a faulty injector which I have replaced. The car is running really well apart from when it is cold. I understand from reading that they can be a bit “rough” but the idle etc, is fine, it’s just when it’s under light load in 3rd or 4th it really “hunts” and is pulling back, and if I back off it pops and bangs (sounds quite good actually) but this literally lasts for 50-100meters then it is totally fine. The car does have a decat and Miltek – so not sure if this would be any form of cause?

2) Temperature gauge, I have noticed that the car gets up to temperature quickly, and sits at half. Although on dual carriageways, the needle drops to a hairs breath (and I mean a hairs breath to just under half) When I am moving through town traffic it sits at half bang on. Then when I am still for a period of time it rises to a hairs breath and I mean a hairs breath to just over half. I just wanted to check this is normal? I have replaced the CTS for info.

3) Cruise control. For some bizarre and frankly odd reason the cruise control won’t work when I am in 5th gear. Any other gear, no issue, and the limiter works in all gears. If I attempt to engage the cruise control in 5th, the cruise control light comes on the dash, and the “set” comes up in the display – but when I push the steering wheel controls, nothing happens. But if I move it to limit; then it works. Any ideas at all? As it’s a bit of one of those annoying things, that will grind my gears long term.

Thank you for any assistance.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi number 2 could be your thermostat if you have replaced the cts and it has not improved.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
1) Possibly the pre-cat lambda sensor, worth checking anyway as these cars seem to love going through them.
2) Thermostat or air in system.
3) I'm not sure, never seen that before.

330i. E30 Touring.
If any of the above annoys you, then you shouldn'y have bought a 182. lol. That's what we French car owners call 'character'