ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle bodies help

Clio 182
Hi all,

I have just put ktec itb's on my 182. It's the full kit with gen 90 and all the other bits. It was installed a couple of weeks ago and started perfect, balanced the bodies with a syncrometer and it's all running well. It's a used kit by the way but very good condition, looks like new.
I've got a sticky throttle issue though! When it's revved the isles don't drop down to idle every time. Tends to stick around the 1.5-2.5k rpm Mark, slipping the throttle always seems to clear it.
Bought a new throttle cable and tried that, no difference. Had them back off the car and cleaned them really well and lubricated throttle spring areas really well. All butterfly flaps good and snap back to closed on both sides instantly.
Tried removing throttle cable all together to eliminate that, makes no difference. Idle stop is wound right in so not that.

HELP!!

Why are my revs still sticking?

Clio 182
Just read my crap typing and can't see where to edit the above.

Isles don't = it doesn't
Slipping = blipping
?

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Hi there, I have the same itbs.
Is the cable too tight? If the idle screw is wound out it would tickover very low. That tell me you need to undo the locking grub on the cable and allow for some slack.
In addition to this I wasn't happy with throttle cable. The springs don't feel strong enough on the itbs to pull the pedal back up on myn. So I fitted a spring on the pedal end to help.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Clio 182
I too plan to put a spring on my pedal as well.
No it's defiantly not too tight I've loosened it off and even if I disconnect the throttle cable it still does the same thing ?
I need to get the gen90 tuner lite to check the tps, could that have something to do with it?
What does your tick over at, mines about 750rpm when warm

Last edited:
  Clio 182
Also what's your build, do you have cams, different injectors? Mine's a standard engine with scorpion exhaust and decat. Wondering what kind of power I will be able to make, 195-200bhp realistic?

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Yes you need gen tuner to set tps position. There are videos on ktec website on setting up bodies.
I'm using 421 catcams on meg 225 injectors. Rs 192 exhaust decatted.
I'd say your realistic expecting 195-200bhp
Injectors will be running near max potential. 225 injectors I've read have a better spray pattern. If you decide on using meg injectors, don't install them as it won't run. They would need to be fitted at the rolling road

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk