ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Bodies On A Valver

Ive started saving up for some of these trumpets lol
I havent seen a valver in the flesh with them on and havent heard any bad stories about them, but you lot on here seem to see and hear everything!!! Does anyone know whats involved with using, running, and who to fit them please? And if posible, a rough price please?!
Thanks in advance
Steve :D

Last edited:
M

Mark E-J

bout that

but I'm sure he would ask about the 2 bottom end while hes at it

as stated, going larger capacity will give you a faster and torquier car for less wonga.

unless you purely want ti for the noise and to be different.

maybe thats why then!! lol
Jusy checked out your website but it says its still under construction
what would you suggest I do for more power mate?

wat about throttle bodies for the 182 looked everywhere and cant find any

Gdi, and yozzasport do conversions for 172/182's. Not sure if angleworks do but I presume Ben does, although i've never had the pleasure in dealing with him.

entirely depends on your budget, wants/needs........and any particular fetish you might harbour.

cars are personal, some people might be ok with spending more on a 1.8 to get an 8000rpm banshee wailing clio, rather than 190bhp from a 2ltr.

M

Mark E-J

already spoke to stan on a conversion for me as i bought is valver without throttle boddies

only problem is i cant decide weather to go turbo route or tb toute

everyone and they dog got a throttlebodied clio whats the quickest?

turbo or throttle boddies?

already spoke to stan on a conversion for me as i bought is valver without throttle boddies

Depends how much/what spec you build to but the Turbso have More Hp still I'd go to N/A tunning personally sounds better and more responsive plus with a 2.0 bottom end and cams if built well Angelworks car was 210hp or so.

Just under 220bhp on a stock bottom end and some relatively mild cams.

If you got the cash, the turbos will always go fastest.........but how fast can you afford to go? A decent setup for 300-400bhp will see you spending £6000-7000.

The same money on a throttle bodied car will only see about 220-240.

M

Mark E-J

Depends how much/what spec you build to but the Turbso have More Hp still I'd go to N/A tunning personally sounds better and more responsive plus with a 2.0 bottom end and cams if built well Angelworks car was 210hp or so.

everyone keeps telling do the tb route would be easier but

ive had v6 and straight 6 various 4 cylinder 8v and 16v never had a turbo car and always wanted one

but i never want to get rid of my valver as i simply love the clio ive gone from a brand new 55 plate astra sport hatchsri to get my clio and wouldnt swap it for the world

so next logical step would be to turbo the clio but seeing angelworks clio in a vid and hearing it has got me all twisted

stan will do all my work as hes local and knows my car inside out after all it was his before me lol

entirely depends on your budget, wants/needs........and any particular fetish you might harbour.

cars are personal, some people might be ok with spending more on a 1.8 to get an 8000rpm banshee wailing clio, rather than 190bhp from a 2ltr.

Basically I want seriously quick acceleration, not too worried about top end at all. Reliability is a must of course!! :D
Whats the best I could get out of my original engine do you reckon?

2005 Nissan Navara
All depends on your budget mate, as Ben said.

Gearing is the key to altering accln versus top-end speed.....for either to be respectable, the engine needs to offer a decent output.

defo go with 2.0, then concentrate on that. i know of a couple of ok priced williams engines at the moment, and i charge £350 for fitting. based in Swansea btw.

if you wanted to throttle body the 2.0 i can supply/fit/map to the highest standard (i dont do half arsed, like alot of tuning places) for £2500-3000 dependant on rad set-up.

Cams and headwork can also be included....

but it really does depends on how much you have to spend as to what can be done, and so what the end result is. PM/ring me for a chat about whats best for you.

Basically I want seriously quick acceleration, not too worried about top end at all. Reliability is a must of course!! :D
Whats the best I could get out of my original engine do you reckon?

If your in cardiff deffo go to stan........i'd sleep with him.

2005 Nissan Navara

Dim...yr Godre-Craig, gorsaf heddlu Abertawe, arian, cardiau.

literal translation:

no...the Godre-Craig (name of random village i pass through on my way to work), Swansea central police station, money, cards.

yes, i am a Welsh speaking fox, aiiiiii lol

M

Mark E-J

:hail: :hail: fair play stan ur english and u speak more welsh than i do!

effort m8!:hail: