ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

throttle bodies.

ITB'd MK1
yeah it's the GDI kit :)

Never tried bike carbs, not really our thing :) Might be putting Omex ignition management on a williams with carbs soon though

ITB'd MK1
205s use ultra crude ignition (not ECU controlled at all) and the fueling isn't good either, so carbs aren't really a backwards step. Throttle bodies are just a modern take on the theme

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I liked the k-tec kit i seen on Adey's car also the one they had at FCS. Tasty kit.

TVR Cerbera
£2700 for just parts? hmm i doubt it

I don't

£1400 for jenveys with throttle linkage, manifold and air filter
close to £1000 for omex 600 and loom
and £600 for mapping

I know, i've done it myself too, but i couldn't help myself and went the whole hog, cams, pistons rods etc!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
I don't

and £600 for mapping

I know, i've done it myself too, but i couldn't help myself and went the whole hog, cams, pistons rods etc!

good job i bought mine second hand then :D

raw striker
I don't

and £600 for mapping

all the current gdi/k tec kits include a fully mapped ecu. the cost as said is in the tb's, manifold, loom, ecu, sensors, and all the billet brackets ect needed to make it a compleate kit. but you will not need to buy a single bolt extra as it is truly a fully comprehensive kit where as some cheaper options are far from the same.

ITB'd MK1
with out a air box tho as some tracks itb are to loud on drive by nose tests

Clearly this is based on speculation and not facts then. Lots of these kits are being used on track reasonably regularly. I dont deny an airbox would be nice if you can use one but you can't if you want to retain AC.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
oi lol, even when going slow its loudish,not done donny but been to a few places in the year and it didnt even get any old fasioned looks so im guessing it isnt that loud

megan R26.R number 006
Clearly this is based on speculation and not facts then. Lots of these kits are being used on track reasonably regularly. I dont deny an airbox would be nice if you can use one but you can't if you want to retain AC.

no i know two people that had problems at donnington park and spa with drive by nose .

also you can use air con with the air box but you need a custom pipe for the air con i know this as i was looking at having itb's on my trophy

Last edited:

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
the bodies we have just fitted are very loud! so loud that it set off a car alarm going down our street in the car ;D

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
i had a mate fit itb to his 182, it was not very impressive, think our xpectations were very high tho... the throttle response was unbelievabley good tho, although i remember reading a review about a chap who fitted just an omex 600 standalone which 'apparantly' made a massive difference to throttle response.

Personally i dont itbs on clios are very good value for money.

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
um miltek system with decat. had remap but that was on origional ecu and the itbs set up on the omex, um...think that was about it...

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
ye full interior,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
, its not the silver one on pistons if thats what your thinking, apparently the silver 1 on pistons has no temp guage and hasnt worked since itb's fitted......or a fuel guage! lol

ITB'd MK1
i had a mate fit itb to his 182, it was not very impressive, think our xpectations were very high tho... the throttle response was unbelievabley good tho, although i remember reading a review about a chap who fitted just an omex 600 standalone which 'apparantly' made a massive difference to throttle response.

Personally i dont itbs on clios are very good value for money.

depends on plenty of things other than just putting bodies on. Mapping makes a HUGE difference.

Just fitting standalone (omex 600 in this case) can improve throttle response because the restrictions in the way it's set for emissions aren't there. Euro4 compliant cars (ph2 172 & 182) have little or no acceleration fuelling which is what can make them sluggish until higher in the revs.