ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

THROTTLE BODY BUZZING

CLIO 182
Hi All, i noticed a buzzing sound under the bonnet, its comming from the throttle body or valve. Not heard this before, is it normal ?. The idle has been very rough recently and the engine seems to hesitate when running.
Any ideas?

Kate.:)

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Its probably the feedback potentiometer loose or out of calibration, try tightening it up and check the wiring connectors.

If that doesn't work, change it.

CLIO 182
Thanks for your ideas, you can hear it when you turn on the ignition and just notice it when the engine is running.
BrianR, what do you mean by 'out of calibration' ?

RS RIP
i have this as well, would'nt worry. It's like you can hear the electrical current "buzzing" through, it starts when the ignition-key is turned on one step ?

RS RIP
.. got me curious though ; my idle is also not what it should be. Car goes like a train though.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Thanks for your ideas, you can hear it when you turn on the ignition and just notice it when the engine is running.

Think of it like an electronic slow running screw, it keeps the tick over smooth when the throttle is closed.

Its just a small variable resistor that is connected to the throttle body spindle, it has a small amount of mechanical adjustment to allow for setting it up, that may have slipped, or worn.

R35 GTR

Think of it like an electronic slow running screw, it keeps the tick over smooth when the throttle is closed.

Its just a small variable resistor that is connected to the throttle body spindle, it has a small amount of mechanical adjustment to allow for setting it up, that may have slipped, or worn.

so they have pots as position sensors? would have been better to use a magnetic encoded disc. Designed to fail.lol.

RS Clio 172
Hi Everyone,

I would like to bump this thread as I am having a problem with my audio system.

Clio 172 ph2 2005
89k miles

Basically the buzzing from the throttle body is playing through the speakers as a high pitched whine.

this then increases as the engine RPM does and nothing i seem to do will fix it

vibe amplifier and line driver under passenger seat and pioneer head unit attached to vibe components in front

any ideas?

Regards,

Dean

RS Clio 172
You have a bad ground, I'm currently having the same issue. Look here and see if yours is the same as mine. http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?711479-Amplifier-Help

Nope different problem i'm afraid, the buzzing of the throttle body is playing directly through the speakers, but when i take the RCA cables out of the amp it goes quiet, so the line driver and amp have no interference, the interference is coming through the head unit (im guessing either the ignition or the earth) as the power is shared through a junction block with the amp etc.

Ive separated all of the cables and there is no way it can be induction from nearby cables, therefore the buzzing of the throttle body must be resonating down a cable, the only thing i can think of is to supress the positive wire to the throttle body, any ideas which wires are which?

Earth is spot on, checked all of them and everything performs perfectly on first ignition, only when the TB lights up is when the problem occurs.

Cheers guys.