ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Body - Insurance - HELP

Suzuki SV1000S

Ok guys getting closer to the TB conversion, But as we all know insurance comps are w**kers about this stuff.

My insurance company wont insure me with the conversion as they dont know what it is (Admiral / Elephant)

Has anyone got any advise on which comp. to use - Am based in Central London

don't

try HIC

they didnt know what my de-cat was but allowed it at no extra charge lol

number is in interior section in the insurance list

try LiverpoolVictoria, thats who I was with and, as I proved, they will payout properly for a writeoff with mods

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Just put it down as a fancy induction kit!!!! Kinda is in a complicated manner.

Suzuki SV1000S

Not Liverpool Victoria Mate

We cannot insure:

Motor cycles, vans, pick ups, minibuses.

Cars which have not been manufactured for the UK market e.g. Japanese imports.

Cars which have performance enhancing modifications.

Cars which are used abroad for more than 180 consecutive days.

Cars which are in excess of £100,000 in value.

Cars that are registered and normally kept outside of mainland United Kingdom,
the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.

Drivers outside the age range of 17 and 79.

Goerge, have you phoned them and talked to them? also how old are you? as that makes a difference to them to.... dont go on what they say on the website, and if they say they wouldnt cover you first time on the phone, ring again and get someone who really knows what theyre on about.... theres one lad whos visited this site before who works up there... so there are some that are knowledgable LoL

Clio 182

HIC used to be good with mods, dunno about now tho....

Greenlight dont charge for modifications iirc...

Suzuki SV1000S

- I want mine to pay out if I crash - Also it is classed as fraud and you can be taken to court if found out mate!

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

I think theyd struggle to take me to court for what I am doing.

Not paying out is a possibility, but its a risk I am willing to take as its saved me so much over the years.

Used to lie about my no claims too, nobody ever asked for proof.

I hate insurance, so I will avoid giving them money whenever I can.

BMW 320d Sport

Ive used Flux for the last 6 years. My Clio Turbo is currently insured, ALL mods declared, fully comp for £700 a year. Liverpool Victoria are the ones that are supposed to be good for mods and problem cases...well they insured my dad and he crashes 2 or 3 times a year LOL

Suzuki SV1000S

can someone go to Liverpool victoria site or ring them to make sure I aint going mad as they say they dont insure modded cars

Suzuki SV1000S

HIC is more! - So guess I just to have to wait for GDI (andy) to get back to me to see if he is more competitive or not..