ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

throttle problem

1998 BMW e46 323i
twice today when starting my '02 172 the throttle hasn't functioned. It starts fine and idles fine, but the throttle has no affect on the revs! Switchin off and on again rights it. The 2nd time it happened the symbol on the dash underneath the petrol pump, the box with a pulse thing illuminated. Is my fly by wire unit dying?

1.2 clio
this sounds alot like a problem i had. i had my throttle sensor cleaned cos it gets built up with carbon and after this mine was fine no problems at all.

hanny

In between cars....
I just had to replace the throttle peddle unit for a similar problem, diagnostic through up it was the throttle potentiometer, was only 58 quid fae renault, was quite surprised

1998 BMW e46 323i
Thanks for the replies. After reading a lot of threads I concluded it was probably the throttle potentiometer, I put my OBD II diagnosis kit on it yesterday and but there weren't any fault codes. It's been ok since, so I'll just see what happens. Don't really wanna fork out for one, as I've just had it serviced, bought new tyres and springs last month! AND I just found what the clicking noise I've had under braking is; the O/S engine mount is foooked.

Happy days!