ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Respone on a sport ...Granny revs..

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Went for a good blast 30min ish in the car, but when i come to a junction and have to set off i sound like a sodding granny setting off, building the revs up but im hardly touching the dam throttle :S Was worse before but i got another TB and thats made it abit better,

Is it like that for everyone else?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Urm you dont own a sport, so why the f**k are you posting in here?

When i set off it takes high revs to set off, it aint suppose to be like to my knowledge, hence why i asked on here,

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Well it makes more sence now that you have edited it and added "Was worse before but i got another TB and thats made it abit better"

What kinda pulling off revs we talking about?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ok, when im into first and just use the acceleration to set off even though im not touching it alot its allready just shy of 2k, so when i was on a junction on a hill it went up more to about 3k sounds like i cant drive lol

BG 182 FF
So it is idling to high.
You could try a few things.
1st - disconnect the battery for 5 mins and see if that works
2nd - clean the idle control valve.
3rd - When you changed the throttle body did you replace the gasket? If not it may be try replacing it. Renault part number is 77 00 866 483 this is for the mk2 ph1 sport however I imagine they are the same. I think they are less then £2 so worth trying.

Hope that helps m8 :)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ph2 dont have a Idle control valve so i can rule that one out, battery il give that ago,

But on idling its about 1400k when starting up but then drops to about 900k, its just when setting off at a touch of a pedal its in high revs,