ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thrust bearing noise

d6n

Ph2 172
Ok, lets try to explain this as best I can...

When pressing the clutch I have a noise which resemmbles a bird chirping, I diagnosed this as the thrust bearing following a post on here.

Anyway, 12months on I still haven't changed the clutch as It drives fine, so I haven't bothered.

Recently, I have noticed the noise isn't there now when i press the clutch. But the same / similar noise is now constant when I driving, not on idle, but when i am driving or just revving..

Any ideas?

d6n

Ph2 172
When mine started making loads more noise it lasted about 30 more miles!

I don't think it's that drastic to be fair mate, but i don't know what it is.

If i took my car to the garage for every noise i'd never be driving it.....

Seat Leon Diesel
Yeah, that bearing is about to let go, you'll probably get smoke from it when it does. I had the smoke in a 406 once. when I Took the box off to reveal the clutch/ thrust bearing, I found that the bearings had melted in their casing. Change the clutch at the same time as the thrust bearing. No great drama, as long as you don't get stuck anywhere. I managed to nurse mine home for 20 miles...