ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ticking noise

Clio 172 FF Pearl Black
Hi guys,
Went for a blast down some country lanes yesterday as it was so nice. Engine sounded very "tappity", not heard it a lot before,think the quiet lanes accentuated the noise. Is this normal for the 172 engine!!!

clio 182 ff
Hi guys,
Went for a blast down some country lanes yesterday as it was so nice. Engine sounded very "tappity", not heard it a lot before,think the quiet lanes accentuated the noise. Is this normal for the 172 engine!!!

yeah all the cliosports make a littlenoise just how the french make them lol wouldn't worry two much unless its really loud:)

172 sport
my 172 started making a tapping noise not to bad when cold then a little louder when warm thought it was a sticking tappet so stripped off the rocker cover which until i started i didnt know the rocker cover is the cam carrier so a little bit more involving but lukily with no real damage the exhaust cam had a crack in the lobe changed both cams now silent!