ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ticking sound after engine is off?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Just experienced this just now. Engine stalled, and i could hear a ticking sound coming from the left hand side of the engine.

Took the key out and it was still ticking...

So started the engine up, and started keeping the car at 20k revs and the ticking went away.

Wht could this be?

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
not sure on the engine stall, but ticking from the engine bay is quite normal. It can be anything from metal contracting when hot-cold-hot or simply relays/pulsiods opening closing.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
20,000 revs lol, but its just the parts cooling down i think normally happens on exhausts too

PH1 172 Sport
If it a quiet tick tick tick tick etc then its probably the exhaust cooling down or as said relays etc opening closing if it quite a loud tick I would try to see where its coming from just to be sure.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
It seems to be coming from the cambelt side, but something above the cambelt?

Iceberg 172 Cup
Its going into the garage this friday tho

youve probs seen my posts of my 182 ticking... its guna have to get fully stripped down, head off, job lot to find out what it is... gutted. :(

the guy is only charging me £40 for the fault finding privelage though! :)

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Its the carbon canister just behind the headlamp.

When i had issues with my 1.2, it would stall/not run properly and when it cut out the carbon canister would be going mental ticking.

Stick your head by the drivers side headlamp, you will hear it clearly.

Sounds like you have electrical/wiring running issues?
(My wiring lom at back of engine had been cut away, re-fitted new one and HAD to be reset on a Renault Clip, was then perfect)