ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ticky Tick Tick

2003 Clio 172
Hey,

Noticed today while letting my car cool down after a "spirited" drive I have a tick tick tick coming from my drivers side lower bumper area....

*The word "DEPHASER" is banned in this thread btw*

I dont think its that though (dear god please), as the depahser is oooop north but was wondering if this is the carbon cannister thing and if its normal......well, normal for my car?

Cheers
Andy

Golf GT & A4 Avant
was the engine off? more than likely just heat expansion on some pipes / metal, quite often happens with exhausts as they cool down and start to shrink they make a sound like that.

2003 Clio 172
Hey bud,

No...only when the engine is running and only sometimes. Very constant pattern linked to the revs

J

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I get ticking when it's cooling down, believe as above its metal parts cooling. If it happening while running hmm Any chance of a video or audio capture ?

2003 Clio 172
DEFINATELY, not the engine parts (mostly exhaust) cooling. Mine is one of them KTec Stealth yokes and it makes curaaaazy noises when it is cooling, so i know what those noises are.

This is mechanical

J

monaco 172
Let the car cool down with the engine on lol? Surely Tharp make it hotter with no air flowing through the rad

172 Cup
Let the car cool down with the engine on lol? Surely Tharp make it hotter with no air flowing through the rad

Tis true ^^^ Its not like a turbo car where you let the turbo cool, and it would take a fare few minutes for it to start cooling down especially after a sprinted drive

The only thing cooling as said would be the metal pipes as they are not getting heat through them when your stood still, it may match the revs due to the engine vibrations through the mounts etc....

2003 Clio 172
Hang on guys, turbo or not...........if I MAUL the car like i did this morning, I always let it idle a while afterwards, does no harm surely?

We had a mapped 320d and I started doign it then and it just stuck, same as warming the cars gently first.

Thanks T5PHY btw!

J

2003 Clio 172
I mean only at idle bud.........it sort keeps in time with the idle.

When you rev my shitbox you can barely hear anything bar the washing machine engine tbh

J