ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tidying up wiring loom - tools and tips?

Grd85

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane RS
My 172 is fully stripped so now there is a lot of excess cable / plugs i am going to strip from the loom then i’ll put it all back together with cloth tape and some new push mount cable ties instead of these big plastic brackets and rear channels.

i dont really wanna pikey it and just start chopping up wires, so im on the lookout for some recommended plug de pin tools?

also if anyone who has done before has any tips or advice, asno doubt my luxk i’ll end up bricking the electrics lol.

things il be removing from the body loom:

speaker wires
Antenna
rear wiper motor
boot lock
seat cables
anything airbag related
Door sensors - are these just for the interior light?

Cheers (y)

Ive de/pinned various different connectors with precision flat head screwdrivers and a cheap set of depin tools (ones on a key chain) from ebay.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'd be interested in seeing how this turns out if you're willing to do a thread on this with photos of your progress?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I would keep the door sensors& boot lock if you are keeping the central locking. If they are not working/wired up, its easy to lock the keys in if your not careful.