ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tie rod help

not a bloody clio!!!
Hello my 05 clio 182 needs both tie rods changing

Euro car parts dont list anything for it except a rack. My local motor facotors can get them but they need to no what rack is on the car and what size etc. Ive had a look and i can see any stickers on the rack and to take the tie rods of and leaving the car where it is would be a pain!.

Has any one had the same problem or does anyone no what make the rack could be. Many thanks

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
You will need to know what type rack you've got on your car. Will most likly be either an SMI or TRW rack. Once you know this, you can get the correct tie rods and tie rod ends.

not a bloody clio!!!
Thanks mate.

Do you no where the sticker or stamp mite be on the rack as ive had a look but couldnt see it :)

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
Ask fred he'll know, he told me nearly every 172 has the smi rack
don't know if it's any help to you tho

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
go to the passenger side wheel well and you can just about see the sticker on the steering rack