ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time Attack Build Begins (Cage in!!!)

Turbos.
Looking really good. Do you know your final weight and power figures?

I guess we will be going head to head if you're doing next year's Time Attack.

Turbos.
That is the plan. Getting it MOT'd will be fun!

I won't be doing the full series, will just pick Brands or another local round to just see what it is like and attempt to encourage a bit of sponsorship.

clio 200 F4Rt
ah right, didnt realise you had a NSX.

The car's dont have to have a valid MOT, thye just need to be in a position to pass one.

As for picking and chosing rounds... you have to pay for all rounds in advance. They have done it like this to stop people just doing local rounds or whatever.

so they are committed to the series. which is a ball ache for me, as round 2 is at Knockhill, which is around 16 hours drive (if traffic is good!)

Turbos.
How does the points system work?

For me it's how much track time you get, i'm not taking a car oop North to do 3 sodding laps. Do you know what it is?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
ah right, didnt realise you had a NSX.

The car's dont have to have a valid MOT, thye just need to be in a position to pass one.

As for picking and chosing rounds... you have to pay for all rounds in advance. They have done it like this to stop people just doing local rounds or whatever.

so they are committed to the series. which is a ball ache for me, as round 2 is at Knockhill, which is around 16 hours drive (if traffic is good!)

16 hours?! Are you based in France?! Im half an hour south of Knockhill and about 8 hours at a steady 70 from London!

clio 200 F4Rt
yeah, according to the AA, its 492.8 miles from me. so about 8ish hours each way.

so a fair bit of driving for a single weekend.

Englebert - It runs like this: 20 min practice session un-timed, 20 min timed practice, 20 min qualifying. Then if your in top 10 quickest you go onto the 'super battle' round, which is again 20 mins, with points being awarded at the end.

Its not a massive amount of track time, but i think its the whole experience that will make it worth it.

If it is just literally track time your after, i would suggest just doing normal track days.

clio 200 F4Rt
To be fair 60+mins on track is a very good for racing, outside of Britcar or Dutch Supercars.

thats cool, wasnt sure how it compares with other motorsport!

They are quite selective of who they let in, but with an NSX (standard or tuned) i am pretty sure you will get in just for the kudos of the car!

will try and do an update of each meeting, so hopefully you will get a feel for it, and work out if its worth it.

clio 200 F4Rt
standard rad.

one of the few penny pinching sacrifices.

although Andy did comment on the rad, as its not an original one, and is thicker than norm.

80MPG BEEZA
well maybe its something you could do in the future :) i just like the look of the shorter rad, really liking the red samco hoses though :)

clio 200 F4Rt
yeah, hopefulyl get one sorted at some point!

The Samco's are Time Attack branded too! :D whooop!

182 Trophy & Megabusa
Great thread to read...is it definately making this weekend then?

I'll be at donny all weekend so will be watching the Time Attack and will be there to support you. Best of luck!

Qashcow
id like to make the trip over there but think my wheel bearing wont like me much for it and not replacing it until tuesday.

im looking at the classes and your in the Club Class right? will you be competing time wise the forced induction cars too or just the N/A?

even if its just the N/A you have to compete against, the AC Cobra may be fun to watch lol

Megane Trophy
Matt give us a shout about the Rad i can get custom ones made up dirt cheap. Amazing quality using Pace core etc.

Starting to take shape now. If i can get over i will do and bring some toys with me.

clio 200 F4Rt
cheers guys! will do a picture update in a bit!

will defo be competing on sunday, tho due to a few unforseen things at 8/10's rather than 10/10's!

will still be good tho!

clio 200 F4Rt
ok, picture update time.....

well car was on the rollers at Mech Repairs (omex) last saturday.

034-vi.jpg

Car was mapped by Andy and Richard. Didnt go totally to plan, but i am not going to say what or why at the moment, until the problem is sorted.

But will say its a hardware issue, and is in no way the fault of GDI (before any pisspots start making up stories).

Anyways... with the car mapped it was taken home to get the interior back in.

so finished installing the door cards...

039-vi.jpg

040-vi.jpg

then it was to get the flocked dash in....

043-vi.jpg

045-vi.jpg

047-vi.jpg

048-vi.jpg

050-vi.jpg

if that aint PIMP i dont know what is!! :D

Then it was a case of re-fitting the front seats....

057-vi.jpg

059-vi.jpg

060-vi.jpg

and thats how car stands at the mo.

Suspension will be here tomorrow, so will get that on. One or two small bits to tidy, ready for the weekend.

oh and to finish, a couple of engine shots! :D (ps: trumpet socks are just temp measure till air box is sorted!)

052-vi.jpg

055-vi.jpg

054-vi.jpg

clio 200 F4Rt
Looks good, are u happy with the quality of your flock? Mine was a little thin in places

not overly pleased. Its thin in a few places, and has a few lumps in other places.

plus i never got back my hand brake handle cover!

but otherwise its ok!

172 Race Car
Looks good, are u happy with the quality of your flock? Mine was a little thin in places

not overly pleased. Its thin in a few places, and has a few lumps in other places.

but otherwise its ok!

same as mine then, go carefull with the lumps, if they come off it looks worse

clio 200 F4Rt

but otherwise its ok!

same as mine then, go carefull with the lumps, if they come off it looks worse

yup, discovered that! lol

pick em off and you get lesft with bright white glue (i assume).

but hey ho... not alot can be done about it now!