ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time Attack Build Begins (Cage in!!!)

80MPG BEEZA
looking good :) loving the white and carbon

i just mounted my cooler to my bumper lol its a weird configuration but its getting lots of air

M

mini-valver

Looking top mate! How have you fixed the door cards? I've got a big sheet of 4mm stuff so I'm going to make my own. Square metre was £100 off Not Normal on here and iut weighs feck all so can't really go wrong................................He says :eek:

clio 200 F4Rt
Looking top mate! How have you fixed the door cards? I've got a big sheet of 4mm stuff so I'm going to make my own. Square metre was £100 off Not Normal on here and iut weighs feck all so can't really go wrong................................He says :eek:

well these are light enough to be held in place with 25mm wide double sided tape. there is no chance the originals i got from PT would of stayed in place with that.

Tho having said that, the door isnt totally flush, so i did rivet it twice in the bottom corner.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
time attack should be fun! you will need a good few weeks to get used to that engine! sort out any bugs etc!

M

mini-valver

This should stay in place with that easy enough. I did think velcro too though???
Also, with rivets I did'nt want to have to drill them out if I take them off.....

When's the engine due mate??

clio 200 F4Rt
hopefully there will be no 'bugs'. engine is spending 2 days on the rollers, so will be mapped to within an inch of its life by Andy and Richard of Omex.

Its more the handling that i will need to get use to, rather than the engine.

First round is April 6th at Donnington, so not long.

You still taking yours to the 'Ring next month Ben? hope all the 'bugs' are ironed out for you too!

clio 200 F4Rt
This should stay in place with that easy enough. I did think velcro too though???
Also, with rivets I did'nt want to have to drill them out if I take them off.....

When's the engine due mate??

i did think about velcro, but thought it may hang out too far, as its not the slimest of stuff.

engine starts going in this weekend!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
hopefully there will be no 'bugs'. engine is spending 2 days on the rollers, so will be mapped to within an inch of its life by Andy and Richard of Omex.

Its more the handling that i will need to get use to, rather than the engine.

First round is April 6th at Donnington, so not long.

You still taking yours to the 'Ring next month Ben? hope all the 'bugs' are ironed out for you too!

Yeah hopefully it will be sweet! I’m sure Andy will be spending hours getting it to run right! If you have commitment to do the labour for free as part of a sponsorship then you have it in you to get it running tip top!

M

mini-valver

I thought about rivitting some plates on the inside so the velcro sits flat with the door skin as a pose to sticking it too the skin. If that makes sense?? lol.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I thought about rivitting some plates on the inside so the velcro sits flat with the door skin as a pose to sticking it too the skin. If that makes sense?? lol.

there is a slight ridge infront of the speaker where the card wont sit flush

you could use a self tapper there which will just unscrew out!

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer

there is a slight ridge infront of the speaker where the card wont sit flush

you could use a self tapper there which will just unscrew out!

there is a ridge around that area on the mk1 aswell

it got the hammer treatment to flatten it down lol :evil:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Coming along nicely, Wish I had a Track Toy :(

White and Black with CF Bits look Amazing

BMW M5 & E36

What about rivnuts in the doors and some nice looking anodised screws through the cards into the rivnuts?

172 Race Car
Have you seen how i attached my door cards?

IMAGE_427.jpg

Just self tap screws and black numberplate covers.
Cheep, does the job well and easily removable

M

mini-valver

What about rivnuts in the doors and some nice looking anodised screws through the cards into the rivnuts?

Elaborate!! :eek:
Have you seen how i attached my door cards?

IMAGE_427.jpg

Just self tap screws and black numberplate covers.
Cheep, does the job well and easily removable

I thought about those actually as they wont stick out against the carbon!

clio 200 F4Rt
Donnington is a defo... gonna try my best for Knockhill, but its a good 12-14 hour drive from me!!

Seat Leon Cupra 290
i wont get the car back from GDI till that weekend, so gonna have to miss out.

will be doing GoodWood at some point tho!

doh! just realised you said 21st of APRIL! i read it as MARCH! what a div.

what company is that with?

easytrack, i saw that there was a white clio going so thought i may be you,

although just read again, its a 98db day, i think you may be over that?

clio 200 F4Rt
ok....

well picked car up from Mark Fish, he welded in my seat rails, which now allows me to sit central to the steering wheel, top job as always!

022-vi.jpg

021-vi.jpg

Then took car up to GDI to have engine fitted

026-vi.jpg

017-vi.jpg

019-vi.jpg

so dropped off a few parts to allowed the job to get done, like a new set of engine mounts, oil cooler pipes and my freshly ceramic coated 182 manifold...

2-vi.jpg

002-vi.jpg

003-vi.jpg

Whilst there took some pics of the bottom end (head is being fitted monday)

011-vi.jpg

005-vi.jpg

016-vi.jpg

Also took a few pics of the other goodies that are part of the build..

Helix uprated clutch

029-vi.jpg

ATP bodies

013-vi.jpg

014-vi.jpg

015-vi.jpg

Lightened and balanced fly wheel

027-vi.jpg

028-vi.jpg

If all goes to plan, should be looking at getting the car back in just over a week!

80MPG BEEZA
btw i've just fitted my oil cooler along with the cc manifold as you know and my oil temp now wont rise above 2 below the half way mark its uber cool just worried it's too cool ;)

btw i've just fitted my oil cooler along with the cc manifold as you know and my oil temp now wont rise above 2 below the half way mark its uber cool just worried it's too cool ;)

It can be too cool, it should have a thormostat that only lets oil round the rad when it gets to a certain temperature

M

mini-valver

As above, a thermostatic plate will only let oil through when it gets hot enough to warrant it. Cold oil can be just as bad as hot oil.

Car looks great BTW fella, top work!

alien green rs133
011-vi.jpg

have you had the oil channels tidied up, as a performance f4r block has problems with oil flow, just bore them out to head gasket, and tidy up sharp casting edges, we had problems with big ends going in the rally car, this cured the problem, what pistons? are those wossener?? what power you going for?? anything more than 220 and you will find snapped drive shafts and fubared gearbox, sadav dog box reccomended, hissingsid has one for sale :cool:, and one last thing if you have high lift cams be carefull with valves, they snap!!! :mad: