ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time for a major clean

Megane Trophy
I need to clay the car as its a mess, and the wheels have been neglected for 6 weeks or so!!

So firstly i need something to remove the wheels of shite

and then - http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/Products,74,toView_191.html

poorboys world cleanser and the nattys blue wax

are these any good?

Im after a nice shine and something that will last!

We got a PC at work and i may attempt to PC a black 172 good idea or not for a 1st timer??

106 GTi
Not a big fan of Poorboys Nattys Blue, not that easy off and looks and durabilty wise it is nothing special.

Best of with Autoglym Super Resin and Extra Gloss topped off Chemical Guys 50/50 if your working to a reasonable budget.

If it is a PC rather than a rotary with some decent pads and polishes you will be fine.

Megane Trophy
its a rotary i think. We have G3 at work feom when we polish the race trucks up.

So whats the best wax to use then, say £15-£20 and i want it easy to use and last long with a nice wet look to it.

106 GTi
Use the Extra Gloss Protection stand alone it will outlast most waxes and look good.

Shed.
do i really need to use the SRP, or will using the EGP by itself be fine ? doing it by hand takes bloody agers and a lot of hard work lol.

106 GTi
SRP is needed to to allow the EGP to bond.

If your using the products properly even by hand it should be easy.

Megane Trophy
Any other products available, i wasnt keen on the finish from the SRP before and want a carnuba wax - do they give a better finish on deep colours.

106 GTi
After the SRP and EGP you may get some more depth and gloss and a warmer look to the paint from a Carnuba Wax.

Depending on your budget as to what to use on Black for me.

Under 25 quid - Chemical Guys 50/50
Over 25 quid - Swissvax Onyx

Evo 6, E92 320d
waheey, another local lad. eh leave the egp on for a good few hours should get a liverly shine to it

106 GTi
Leaving the EGP on for x amount of time wont make it look any shinier, just will make it easier to remove.

Evo 6, E92 320d
ok i see Rich, wats the best stuff to clean off the bird sh1t and road scum that wont take of the cleanin stuff already on the surface?

106 GTi
Bird crap should come off with washing alone, the etching left will need a good polish to sort it.

To clean up the paint nicely worth washing and then claying it to get it nice a smooth and contamination free.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Bird crap should come off with washing alone, the etching left will need a good polish to sort it.

To clean up the paint nicely worth washing and then claying it to get it nice a smooth and contamination free.

sry , i meant like a day after ive detailed the car and not wanting to do it all over agen. sumthing like a quik spray cleaner perhaps

Mito Sportiva 135
Clay!

Depending on how bad it is either get the standard grey one or the milder Sonus green.

In the mean time though get the bird poo off as it will be eating into the paint - every minute counts!

106 GTi
Not a fan of using quick detail sprays on anything more than very light dust. Anything more a full wash is the safest bet. Follow that up with a nice quick detail spray and the just waxed look should return.

Quick detailers wise I really like Clearkote Quikshine, Sonus Carnuba Spritz, Zymol Quick Detail Spray or Chemical Guys Synthetic QD. In bulk during polishing etc Meguiars Final Detail.

Mito Sportiva 135

sry , i meant like a day after ive detailed the car and not wanting to do it all over agen. sumthing like a quik spray cleaner perhaps

Quick detailer - the Chemical Guys ones are all pretty good. Like the Sonus ones too, which are available from Clean Your Car. Just wipe over with a mf cloth after washing to refresh the waxes looks.