ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time for an Induction kit, I think ...

Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
Pay day soon and I was thinking about doing 'something' to my car.

Car that I have is a 1.4 RT mk2 1999. When it comes down to mechanical bits, engine etc... it's all standard. Now I was thinking of buyin an induction kit, but I'm unsure as to what would be the most ideal for my car. I heard K&N are good, and it seems to be very popular.

As for performance difference, what am I looking at? I can understand it won't be a lot, but any at all? What about noise too, as I've heard it can increase sound too?

Also, for the money that I'll be spending, is there anything else I could spend it on which would be a better modification for the car rather than induction kit? I'm looking to increase performance in any way possible. The standard air kit is absolutely rubbish, and the intake crappy pipe is barely hangin on lol.

Thanks,
Paul

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Wont make a differance in power really, it will make it louder though,save the money mate.

ignore the haters,modifying is about individuality,you can say buy a quicker car for anything.

i have a bmc,closed filter but just as noisey

DSCF0294.gif

how it looks atm but pipework is currently being made

EDIT: i lie the engine cover, battery cover and fuel rail guard are different

Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
Cool mate. Sure I can understand that the power gain is next to nothing, but for the price for these induction kits can't be that much ?

I mean this is my first car so obviously I'm looking to learn by it. Any good online shops or information regarding the induction kits for our Clio's that anyone could recommend? Tx Matt.

Paul

TeZ

Non RS : (
Trev Y dont you just buy the pipework from simota kit... I did polished alloy FTW.

Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
Cheers, I've been having a look at the K&N induction kits for my model.

I was expecting it to be like this;

baffledig8.jpg

I was expecting it to be more like trev's ?

For this one the filter just connects onto the intake hose and then I feed the flexi cold air feed hose from the bottem of my bumber to where you see it on the picture. That just as effective?

Cheers,
Paul

Evo 6, E92 320d
This is mine, 1.6 16v, ktec alloy pipe with kn filter (notice the bodged pipework i mentioned matt)
CRIM0014-1.gif

CRIM0016.jpg

CRIM0015-1.gif

Clio Mk2 1.4 RT
So it's more effective to have the air feed pipe going straight into the intake hose and havin the filter attached to the end? The 'square box model' (my model) has it different as shown in my previous pic. This is how they have the air feed pipe positioned.

hosezw5.jpg

Could I not attach that flexi air feed pipe straight down into the intake hose and have the filter attached to the end like the rest of you or would that just not simply be correct for my car.

Last edited: