ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

times around oulton, what spec?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Here's my efforts from the afternoon at the Rs day. These are 2:06-2:08's as there weren't any megs on slicks to chase! The rear wheel bearings are fucked in this video as well, so it made it a bit more lively on the rear end. Them curb stones at Brittens didn't like me straightlining them. Lol!

CLIO 172,CLIO182
Done it in the high 1:40's ,low 1:50's (1990's).............in a Volvo 850 BTCC car with me no where near the drivers seat .........I was strapped in the passenger seat ...might have been Rickard Rydell if not one of the test drivers ......corporate race event sponsors outing don't remember to much .........the only thing I do remember is S##t he's a bit late on the brakes......

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Done it in the high 1:40's ,low 1:50's (1990's).............in a Volvo 850 BTCC car with me no where near the drivers seat .........I was strapped in the passenger seat ...might have been Rickard Rydell if not one of the test drivers ......corporate race event sponsors outing don't remember to much .........the only thing I do remember is S##t he's a bit late on the brakes......
Yeah!! Now that's more like it!!

CLIO 172,CLIO182
Full circuit 2.6 miles .........just for my own curiosity I have just googled some old BTCC circuit times around Oulton and over the years they have used both short and full ....however a 850 in race trim would get around the full track in 141's-142's ............which means when I was in the car it was basically a Sunday morning drive .....like i said in the previous post the one thing that stuck in my mind was the ability to scrub speed like nothing on earth............I have been in some very quick cars in my time but that thing was off the scale

CLIO 172,CLIO182
Great feeling yes ...but sadly after been in one of them with a real driver you realise that you are no where near the driver you thought you where .............or will ever be !!!!!!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
2.02-3s in my trackday car with no diff and dead brakes. Rallycar is in the 1.50s.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
235bhp / stripped out - with new std brakes / pads it should be 2min mark and with LSD sub 2mins.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Thinking of selling it as it's done 100 miles a year, never gets used! Great car and quickest track Clio I have come across.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Was at Oulton on Saturday again. Great day for the weather.

Quite a few fast cars there, GT3 Porsches, Clio Cup Racers, Ginettas.

Did a bit of a test with the Whiteline ARB, had it disconnected for lunch and connected back up after lunch. The lap times were suprising too and it actually made a fair difference I think. Was doing 2:16's without it and 2:13's with it.

Spec is H&R Coilovers, CL RC5+ Pads and AD08R tyres.

A little video of one of the faster laps (track map is a little iffy due to phone internal gps)

My brother in his Megane 225 on road tyres and Cooksport springs with Stage 1 remap was doing 2:10/11's

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Watched your video the other day james, great driving mate. Those meganes just seem to be effortless quick

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Last time I went there was a chap (on here) who shared the garage etc. his megane was on slicks, a tad fast

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
No mate. He messaged me the last time I booked asking if he could say hi etc. doesn't come on very much, forget his username now. Nice chap though.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Last time I went there was a chap (on here) who shared the garage etc. his megane was on slicks, a tad fast
When I was there last August for the Rs oulton day, there was a youth with a blue r26 that was stripped and caged running on slicks, but only on the front.
I have no diff in my car currently. And he couldn't get away from me. :wink:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
When I was there last August for the Rs oulton day, there was a youth with a blue r26 that was stripped and caged running on slicks, but only on the front.
I have no diff in my car currently. And he couldn't get away from me. :wink:
Fair haired lad? If it's who I'm thinking of ive met him a few times but don't know his name :/