ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Timing am i doing this right? Crank pulley was turning...

A45 AMG 406BHP
Process:: just to make sure im doing it right before i start....

Turn over to to tdc so pin goes in(if u look through hole you can see key way)
Belt off
horseshoe in if doesn't fit turn cam sprockets to get in position for horseshoe to fit
put 1509 tool on cambelt side. Lock sprockets. Undo both
leave finger tight
belt on. Tension belt
remove all tools, rotate belt backwards by Turning over bottom end...?
check tension
1509 back on
tighten up cam sprockets.
Done?

Also where the belt goes over the crank, this was loose and moving freely untill i put bolt back in? is that normal?

thanks!

A45 AMG 406BHP
bit late to ring now dude haha

im in the garage now, anyone care to give me a quick process so i can get it done tonight???
cheers

HBT 172 Cup
THe way i do it (which is probably 'not by the book accurate'), but worked everytime.

- Line up bottom end at TDC
- Horsehoe in
- Pulley locking tool on, tighten "chocks" against pulleys
- Loosen crank bolt, and both cam pulleys, then loosen "chocks"
- Remove old belt
- Remove all pulleys and thoroughly clean and degrease all mateing surfaces.
- New belt on & refit pulleys
- Nut / bolts on all pulleys finger tight then backed off by a turn or 2
- Set tensioner to correct position
- Use some form of tools to rotate the entire belt assembley anti clockwise (i use an oil filter wrench on the dephaser pulley lol)
- After several rotations (about 5, more if your fussy but it really doesn't seem to do much), recheck tensioner notches are lined up.
- Tighten locking tool "chocks" against the pulleys using an 8mm socket on the middle to counteract any clockwise biase movement.
- Tighten ehxaust nut 30nM + 90 Deg, tighten dephaser bolt 100nM.
- Tighten crnak bolt to 20nm + 145 degrees? (cant remember), im naughty and tighten it against the crank pin, you should immobilise the flywheel properly i suppose, but again never bent a crank pin yet
- Remove all locking tools and rotate engine several times.
- Clock it round many time until you reach TDC put crank pin back in, and horshoe should slide in with a minor wiggle (always a very very minor bit of play on the dephaser).

Pat yourself on the back, smoke a fag and have a beer :)