ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

timing belt time for scenic

2.0l 16valve scenic
hi folks

so the scenic is due a timing belt very soon . having done a couple of timing belt in my time including a vauxhall omega v6 which was the most challenging so far . am interested to know apart from needing the 3 piece timing tool is there anything i should beware of when doing it ?????

also is there any manuals that i can download just to keep me right ???

mark

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Much quicker job on the Scenics with the F4R and yes, it will have the VVC dephaser pulley.

You will need to change the full timing belt kit, aux belt kit, camshaft end plugs, crankshaft pulley (If over max length tollerance), and camshaft pulley nut/bolt. Also, be sure to check the dephaser pulley for signs of free play and be prepared to spend an extra £153 on the part if it has any signs as you really want to do the job at the sametime as the timing belt rather than do it all over again in a few months times.

Don't do the crank bolt up overly tight as it is a stretch bolt afterall (hence it is replaced if over or close to the max length) and the more you load it the more it will stretch... and become weaker. Crank Pulley bolts need be no more than 40Nm + 115 degrees. Also, please fightthe urge to use Loctight as it doesn't help on these engines and only makes life hard for the poor person that has to service it next.

Mick

BMW M135i
Much quicker job on the Scenics with the F4R and yes, it will have the VVC dephaser pulley.

You will need to change the full timing belt kit, aux belt kit, camshaft end plugs, crankshaft pulley (If over max length tollerance), and camshaft pulley nut/bolt. Also, be sure to check the dephaser pulley for signs of free play and be prepared to spend an extra £153 on the part if it has any signs as you really want to do the job at the sametime as the timing belt rather than do it all over again in a few months times.

Don't do the crank bolt up overly tight as it is a stretch bolt afterall (hence it is replaced if over or close to the max length) and the more you load it the more it will stretch... and become weaker. Crank Pulley bolts need be no more than 40Nm + 115 degrees. Also, please fightthe urge to use Loctight as it doesn't help on these engines and only makes life hard for the poor person that has to service it next.

Mick

Not forgetting the need for the special tools and the procedure.

craank bolt needs to be replaced and TIGHT

Thats rich.