ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Timing belt

1.5dci
Hi, have just joined, Bought my clio around a month ago, and its amazing, but bought it on 72 and a half thousand miles and almost 6 years old, and know the timing belt needs to be changed at 72 or 5 years old, so just looking for some advice on if i can tell easily if it's been replaced recently/if it needs replacing, as nothing marked in the service book, but the garage I got it off have ticked that they checked the Auxiliary Drive Belt, but not sure if these are the same. (also moved about 5.5 hours drive away from there now, so not so handy to get too!)

Thanks

ITB'd MK1
the Aux belt is what runs things, powered by the engine. Power steering, alternator etc. Different to the cambelt

Guessing it's a diesel as it says 1.5 under your name

1.5dci
yea it's the 1.5 80hp clio, lovely car just trying to sort out all the little niggling problems, like this, scratches and the radio atm (that'll proberly be another post soon!).
I'm currently in Basingstoke Timmay.

RB 200 Cup!
ah was just gonna say if you were near norfolk my renault tech mate could do you a cheap price of timing belt change

1.5dci
ah kk, Have 12 months warrenty on the car, but don't want to drive to Cornwall to find out if it needs replacing, would rather go down for the weekend knowing they need to replace it.