ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

timing

Tomo3292

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 1.6 K4m
having some dramas with the timing of the engine.
all parts and tools genuine Renault and have done this timing belt 4 times before without any issues.

I have currently rebuilt the track car engine, and having dramas setting the camshafts. The inlet seems to spring back, and the timing tool doesn't float freely.

I have followed the engine manual guide on timing setting. But seem to be struggling. Granted I haven't done this for a while, but just want to know if there is anything glaringly obvious that I have missed.

thanks in advance.

I am not familiar with the horseshoe tool - do you mean something like what's in this pack?

Not sure if this thread might be useful - came up after a search!

https://cliosport.net/threads/cam-belt-locking-tools.513593/

I've used a toothed chunk of metal between camshafts to stop them rotating, instead of a horseshoe tool, but the end result should hopefully be the same!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Stick a feeler gauge in with the horse shoe on the inlet to take the pressure off.
once it’s tightened up your tool should slide side to side.(y)