ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tiny Little Blue Switch

Does anyone know the purpose of this? Its located at the front of the interior light console - on the roof. Mines in the left position and Im leaving it there until I find what its for! You never know it might be the hyperspace drive and before I know it Im in another dimension...

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

bloody hell u lot with ur 182s ;)

can somebody actually take a pic of this magical switch, im intreegd now

hehe

Have searched earlier threads and this appears to be a mystery - although there was some speculation that its to do with the sun sensor for the cliamte control. Why that would have a switch I dont know - cloudy and bright positions? Sorry - cant do a photo at the moment.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Oh just flick the switch...whats the worst that can happen??? your passanger gets ejected James Bond style...

172, Tiguan

Lee! you did a search? Your the one thats broken the forum then today!

Cant be climate related as I havent got one? Tis a mystery.

Lee

BMW M2C

Yup, it was me who broke the forum by using the search function. :oops:

I gave my little blue thing a prod the other day and it doesnt budge.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Pull it off and take it apart - should be able to tell then what it is. The mans solution to every problem!!

If not see what doesnt happen any more once its gone then you can tell!!

Ive just been out to switch it and it doesnt appear to actually switch as such (mines now central rather than to the left!) - it just sits there looking blue and mysterious. It is approx 1.5mm in diameter, protrudes about 2mm and appears painted blue and is located in a black circular recess about 4mm dia.

Im now guessin it is a reset switch and perhaps pops out when tripped? This is complete guesswork...

Skoda Fabia vRS

maybe try Renault customer service rather than the dealers, at least if they dont know they will possibly call you back

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

lol, at all this guessing.

Someone with Dialogys needs to check and it may have a description?

E90

Lets see, a small button, that doesnt appear to do anything and just sits there looking mysterious???

Looks like the 182 has a Clitoris. :):) Try giving it a little rub and see what happens?

insignia

do not mess with the switch!!! seriously it is the key to the cars frame.It can be tested to see whether the cars owner is a smoker or non smoker.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Perhaps its a mind control device.

It fools you in to believing that no rattles will ever occur.

Unfortunately even that doesnt work.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5 Audi TT

Its for bringing the warp engine online before you floor it on the motorway.:D

soon to be a 200

Thanks having a s#t day at work and reading this has made my day . Clio drivers are nuts

dk

911 GTS Cab

LMAO at this thread, it is too funny. I was worried because I dont have this but mine is like Toms, one of the early 182s so I have the same as Toms pic, phew, glad thats sorted!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

bit annoyed cos that led thing looks lighter, so late 182s will weigh 1089.9kg

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 21 July 2004

bit annoyed cos that led thing looks lighter, so late 182s will weigh 1089.9kg
Does this mean I can beat Cups by a car length more now? :p

I never even noticed the map reading light had been moved on mine. :confused:

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5 Audi TT

Quote: Originally posted by JAF 182 on 21 July 2004

If she has a clit she must be a girl...

I just went out for another look and I couldnt find it.... it must be a clit!
Hahaha!

Ford Fiesta

lol, thanks for answering it Tom, seems they must have got fed up of replacing noisy fan units and decided to stick a different style of thermometer there.