ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tip For Removing Polish Off Plastics...

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I was sceptical at first... But believe me this actually works... Had some spare time and just gave it a quick go. No pictures (from me) but here is a post shamelessly stolen from DW!

anto164 said:
Went to tescos today, after reading up about the usefulness of peanut butter to remove wax from the plastic trim.

To say i was sceptical was an understatement. But, £1.15 later, i walked out with a jar of peanut butter with the rest of the shopping.

Got in, had some lunch, then popped open the jar.

Quite hard to apply, and even harder to remove, but i got round the whole car.

Took a few pics of before and after, so as to show my hard work, and also to prove that it DOES actually work.
smile.gif

Before
DSC00707-1.jpg

During
DSC00708-1.jpg

After
DSC00709-1.jpg

And another place;

Before
DSC00704.jpg

After
DSC00710.jpg

Gave the car a wash too, but silver cars never look that impressive.

This is all from getting my dad involved to clean my car the other month. I had washed, and fully clayed the car, but it was getting on in the afternoon, and i needed the car later that night, so i asked him to wax the car, as i buff it off. Specifically asked him to watch ALL the plastic, and not get any wax on it. He ignored me, so the plastics ended up white with wax. But now it's hopefully off the car, foor good.
smile.gif

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yeah it works because of the oils in the peanut butter, i just use Autoglym bumper care, works like a treat.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
yeah it works because of the oils in the peanut butter, i just use Autoglym bumper care, works like a treat.
But does AG bumper care cost £1.15 ;)

I know its gonna sound wired but im defiantly adding a jar of peanut butter to my detailing kit..

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Groundnut oil is cheaper, less messy and easier to remove.

Lost count of the amount of times I've said it :dapprove:

ST
AG Bumper Care just covers the marks not removes them.

Indeed..

Quite like megs trim detailer, once buffed up it leaved quite a nice matte finish on plastics and rubbers..megs all season dressing is pretty good too actually..

In fact my fave is prob duragloss wax eraser...you knows what its like with multiple on multiple of products Rich...can never pick one and stick with it..

200 Gordini
PMSL.

If I started smearing peanut butter over my car, my mates would kick the s**t outta me!!!

+1. do it at 4am so knowone knows/sees

BUT if someone else sees you get the s**t kicked out of you by a randomer!

Also dont take pics that just makes matters worse