ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tips on replacing headlight washer jet on 182

Titanium 182
hi im just wondering if anyone has any tips on replacing the drivers side headlight washer jet, bought a new one at renault as the one on the car is just leaking constantly!

iv read some people say take the bumper off and other say it can be done from removing the wheel arch!

thanks Dean

You can either just pull the ball out the nw one and put it into the old unit or esle remove the front bumper and swop the whole unit as such.

You can in theory do it without removing front bumper for the effort I'd just remove the bumper is not difficult.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I had to do this last week. I couldn't see a way of doing it just through the wheel arch (i tried).

Bumper off is:
2 x 10mm bolts in the front underside of the bumper.
2 x plastic plugs holding on the top grill (under the bonnet).
2 x rubber plugs holding the arches in place (2 each side).
2 x 10mm bolts hidden behind the wheel arches (2 each side).

Then pull the bumper away from the wing and it should unclip.

There's a guidewith pics in the guides section.

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
I put my car in to Renault a couple of weeks ago to get a leaking headlight washer replaced under warrenty. After their second attempt at replacing it they damaged the other sides headlight washer and had to replace it aswell! Incompetent idiots - DIY if your good with cars I say.

09 GIXXER 750!!!
I put my car in to Renault a couple of weeks ago to get a leaking headlight washer replaced under warrenty. After their second attempt at replacing it they damaged the other sides headlight washer and had to replace it aswell! Incompetent idiots - DIY if your good with cars I say.

Did it solve the problem of them leaking? Do the washers have a valve in them to stop the water leaking?

Clio 182
Hi,

Bought a 182 a couple of weeks ago, great car but already needs a couple of common problems sorting. 4k rattle, spoke to Renault, they straight away said centre box, they want £186 inc vat and fitting. And leaking headlight washer. I've ordered the headlight washer, and want to save myself £50. I've clicked on the link that someone posted to the guide with pics on Front Bumper removal, then I get a message saying I don't have permission to access, do the Admin guys need to give me access or does this link no longer exist? Pics help me massively as I'm new to car Mechanics.

Cheers!

1.8 Civic EX
bumping up an old thread...anyone know if this is an MOT failure? Mine is leaking like a b**ch and I've got my MOT later today! doh!