ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Titanium 182 Runaround

clio 182
Hi all purchased this Clio 182 yesterday after days of looking around. Brought it due to needing a cheap runaround as my mk4 astra gsi needing a rebuild again after 2 months. Only planning on keeping the clio till feb/march when i plan to purchase a 335d e90 bmw and cant save for one while fixing my astra constantly.

Fairly happy with the car its very clean inside and out and going of the previous owners threads it has been kept maintained well. Only issue i have is that it developed a bad missifire on the drive home yesterday but iv got coilpack, spark plugs and ht leads waiting to go on it tonite which should hopefully sort the issue. Breaks also felt abit meh so will change disks and pads all round along with 5.1 fluid and x4 tyres all round.

Handling feels abit odd aswell but saying that my astra was on coilovers and khumo tyres all around. Have a feeling that the tracking may be slightly our and it was pissing it down with rain last nite and the tyres that are on it are C**P. Will get it down to my mates garage and see what's going on under the car this week

Driving its very different coming from a 300bhp+ astra hoping i get used to the clio obviously being non turbo and its handling feels very strange but all in all im happy with the purchase

Not going to go crazy with mods on the clio main thing for me is it being reliable and not needing a fortune throwing at it every month and it least it had the dephaser replaced in 2012. Just going to get the car up to a decent standard again as there are a few niggly bits a but im just fussy.

Not took many pictures due to the car being filthy and dont class the car as mine until i have fully cleaned it ha. Don't think its been clayed for a while either so it will be given a full detail and wet vac when i get a day off work this week.

Will get some more pics when i get a day off in the week.

Links to old progress threads of the car
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/rescuing-my-182.675190/
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/titanium-182-beasley-clio182-old-car.750599/#post-10385782

Plans are:
Replace rear seat due to cig burn
x4 michellins all round
decent disks and pads all round
service
wind deflectors
possibly pop and bang map if i can get hold of a rstuner
engine mounts may need replacing

Current spec of the car:
ktec decated exhaust system
lowering springs
braided lines
v6 airbox
refurbished steering wheel
ron98 remap

My astra
12204589_10156250142225083_313791558_n.jpg

12207630_10156250142175083_1306795835_n.jpg

And the clio
12200695_10156250142070083_1235046009_n.jpg

12200592_10156250142090083_1265353112_n.jpg
12200453_10156250142135083_506292020_n.jpg

Last edited:
  clio 182
Just to warn you the pops n bangs map I found fun for about 2 weeks then highly irritating and dare I say a tad chavvy. Nice couple of cars you got there though.
Haha i had launch control, hard cut limiter and an anti lag map on the astra. I got used to the pop and bangs and i do miss them now. Still not made up about getting it on the clio tbh, main thing atm is getting it up to a suitable standard

Clio 200 Raider
You bought my old car nice i nearly bought it back when i saw it for sale again but didnt in the end due to bad timing loved that car.

Clio 200 Raider
Looks like the owner i sold it to and you bought it off didnt look after it for that year.
The cig burn was never there or had any issues with misfires and i see he kept the carbon engine cover aswell

Clio 200 Raider
Ps if you do sell give me a shout ill buy it back lol
Should be in better position in feb/march

clio 182
N
Ps if you do sell give me a shout ill buy it back lol
Should be in better position in feb/march

No conditon isnt amazing tbh. Looks like its missing its braided lines aswell. Ill be getting it up to a decent standard and yea come feb march its there if you want it

clio 182
So last nite i fixed the missfire. Changed the coilpack , ht leads and spark plugs and missfire gone. I have noticed the far going in limp mode from time to time and pluged the car into the computer and it says throttle positon sensor so ill be ordering a throttle body in a few days. Not had a chance to get any decent pics as the weathers pants and not had a chance to wash it

clio 182
Currently at mates garage getting tracking done and the bottom of the car checked over. The trackings way out so hopefully getting it tracked properly will sort the handling. Also needs new disks and pads on the front which explain the scetchy stopping

Attachments

• 1446743335966-178352048.jpg
    1446743335966-178352048.jpg
    828.7 KB · Views: 55

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi dont get a throttle body it will be something else,i did that 400 with renault and still limp mode,google clio 182 throttle limp mode or on here should tell you what to look at

clio 182
Hi dont get a throttle body it will be something else,i did that 400 with renault and still limp mode,google clio 182 throttle limp mode or on here should tell you what to look at

Lukily its not gone in limp mode today since i fixed the missfire hoping it stays that way but i heard the sensor on the throttle body was a common problem ?

clio 182
20151105_173112.jpg
Iv also changed all wipers on the car but the back one only cleans half the window. Anybody come across it before ?

Last edited:
  clio 182
Cant believe in a year its not been looked after that great glad you are looking after it

This was the condition when it left me realy was as new

http://s79.photobucket.com/user/canky/library/Clio 182
My aim is to have it as clean as it was in your pics. Needs a good wet vac on the inside. By the feel of the paint its not been clay barred in a while either. Going to get the car on the ramps hopefully tomorrow and jet wash the bottom of the car and underseal it all. I guess the alloys could do with a refurbish if i was to be really fussy but they arent bothering me to much for now. The car is still clean tbh its just not had any proper attention in a while. all the body work is straight even the interior is still mint bar the cig burn but ill be changing the rear bench when i can be arsed sourcing one in. Main thing that is annoying me is the floor mats ha need to get some original ones in

Clio 200 Raider
Yes its a great car i think like you say has just been unloved for a while. I put some cheap mats in it at the time probably them in guessing lol

clio 182
Yes its a great car i think like you say has just been unloved for a while. I put some cheap mats in it at the time probably them in guessing lol
yea going of your pictures they are the same mats ha. They are tatty now and have holes in them on the drivers side plus they dont line up properly in the foot wells haha

Clio 200 Raider
Im not suprised they were cheap were just temporary at the time or that was the plan.

clio 182
Got a chance to wash the car today. Shame it started to rain while i was in the process of claying it so i just ended up aqua waxing it and leaving it at that. Took it out to get some fuel and it came back dirtyer than it was before. Definatly need to clay the car fully next week if its dry. When i was drying the car it felt like sandpaper ...

Got a chance to get some snaps in the bellow post

clio 182
After
20151106_113028.jpg
20151106_113038.jpg
20151106_113048.jpg
20151106_113052.jpg
20151106_114832.jpg
20151106_114841.jpg

Will be giving it a proper clean next week if the weather holds out this time but its better than what it was. defiantly need to give the interior a wet vac. engine bay still needs detailing also and headlights need polishing. Starting to get used to driving the car now and it feels much better with tracking done but the tires are letting it down majorly to the point were its to dangerous to drive fast in the wet. Will probably stick a full set of khumos on next month along with brakes and fluid change

My Poor baby :O

This was absolutely immaculate when I sold it lol ! Gutted to see its been left , but I supposed 15k and 4-5 owners do that !

Glad to see its still going though haha canky did a good job of tidying it up as well!

The discs and pads were HC discs and brembo pads ! I practically rebuilt that car from ground up lol , he did sell the engine cover saw it on Facebook the last owner , only just managed to track it down as it was on a private reg haha

Clio 200 Raider
Yes thats why we couldnt find it Dean went on private reg.

Cheers mate i did try my best with it before i had to sell always regretted selling it but had to at the time. Even more so its been unloved for a year haha.
Glad it lives on and back with a caring owner

I remember having it on a ramp when we did the springs it was immaculate underneath credit to dean really there.

clio 182
Yes thats why we couldnt find it Dean went on private reg.

Cheers mate i did try my best with it before i had to sell always regretted selling it but had to at the time. Even more so its been unloved for a year haha.
Glad it lives on and back with a caring owner

I remember having it on a ramp when we did the springs it was immaculate underneath credit to dean really there.

bottom of it doesnt look to good atm had a good luck when i had it on ramps a few days back. it looks like its been sat around for abit longer than the lad i puchased it off let on. Going to wash it off and seal it up next week

Clio 200 Raider
That wouldnt suprise me when i rang him (toying with the idea of buying it back at the time) he told me he was keeping the engine cover as he paid a lot of money for it and cig burn was done by a previous owner this was before he knew it was me the previous owner ringing.
Err i bought the carbon engine cover and installed it and there was no cig burn when i had it. Defo wasnt the most trusted seller!

clio 182
QUOTE="canky, post: 10931523, member: 18434"]That wouldnt suprise me when i rang him (toying with the idea of buying it back at the time) he told me he was keeping the engine cover as he paid a lot of money for it and cig burn was done by a previous owner this was before he knew it was me the previous owner ringing.
Err i bought the carbon engine cover and installed it and there was no cig burn when i had it. Defo wasnt the most trusted seller![/QUOTE]

Yea defiantly not. Cars not in that much of a bad state though just needs some loving

clio 182
Got bored while waiting for fallout 4 to arrive in the post so decided to give the car a quick wash while it was dy with some waterless wax

20151110_110331.jpg

20151110_112436.jpg

20151110_110017.jpg

Clio 200 Raider
Wow that 2nd pic looks so shiny, nice!

Probably had more washes by you than its had in the last year by previous owner lol

clio 182
Wow that 2nd pic looks so shiny, nice!

Probably had more washes by you than its had in the last year by previous owner lol
Haha that waterless wax works a treat. And yea that wouldnt supprise me. Hopefully ill get a chance to clay the car fully next week. Its badly in need of a machine polish looks terrible up close

clio 182
Give the clio a quick wash in work as it was filthy. Ordering hankook v12 tyres and brembo hc disks for the front and brembo pads all round along with a polybushed dog bone mount on friday as driving it in this weather is shocking. Have wind deflectors on order aswell.

A mate will machine polishing the car in a week or 2 but im waiting to source a rear bench to get rid of the cig burn thats there so will get him to give the interiour a wet vac as its mankey and has seen better days

20151122_130934.jpg

Clio 200 Raider
Is the car still on cooksports looks lower than i remember?
Ive got a rear bench in good condition im selling mate, not sure where your located but im in Leicester

clio 182
Is the car still on cooksports looks lower than i remember?
Ive got a rear bench in good condition im selling mate, not sure where your located but im in Leicester
its on some form of lowering springs not too sure which ones they are will have a look next time cars in the air.

How much for the rear bench would have to be posted im in mancehster ?

Clio 200 Raider
Ah thats a shame i would want collection only really just makes it easier, not to worry

clio 182
Gave the car its 1st proper wash inside out yesterday. Give the car a full clay and treated it with aqua wax. feels smooth all over now. Never seen dirty water come off a car from claying it. Treated and conditioned the leather on the interiour with star guard and looks like new now. Shame it was torential rain 3 hours later. Also orderd 2 hankook v12 evo tyers for the front will order the rears next month , short on cash due to christmas presents and will order floflex dog bone inserts in the week. Got some picw after the wash with wind deflectors on
20151127_131140.jpg

Also checked water and oil levels and its not moved since i purchased the car. Was a weekly job topping the oil and water up on my astra

Attachments

• 20151127_131130.jpg
    20151127_131130.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 66
  Clio Sport 169
I don't know, but I think this rims looks like stock. Not quite good, not quite bad. :D
Good luck with jobs! :)