ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Titanium 182 Runaround

Clio Sport 169
Clio rims look like medium,I dont even know how to tell you. :D Maybe you need to put on winter rims,r15 and then will be better. :D Dont take this like critics.
Its very good that you sterilize your car. That means you like how looks your car. :) appreciate that man!

clio 182
Clio rims look like medium,I dont even know how to tell you. :smiley: Maybe you need to put on winter rims,r15 and then will be better. :smiley: Dont take this like critics.
Its very good that you sterilize your car. That means you like how looks your car. :smile: appreciate that man!

Ah I get you. It sits funny because its parked on a hill with the handbrake on so the backs lower than the front when its on the drive. Ill be on the look out for some 15 inch team dynamics or turini's if i decide to keep the car for a little longer.

clio 182
Finally had my new tyres fit. Orderd 2 hankook k120 evo v2's for the front and the difference is night and day. Put my old hankook k110 on the back along with a practically new goodyear eagle f1 untill i replace the rears completely with another set of v2's. Not broke them in properly yet but the grip in the wet now is ridiculous its actually fun to drive now. I noticed the back shocks are totally gone hence why it sits funny on the back so will be ordering some cup shocks for the rear when i sort this limp mode problem out. Im ordering a throttle body of eBay so fingers crossed it will sort it. I got the car plugged in at my mates garage when i had my tyres done and came up with throttle position sensor and front knock sensor. If the throttle body fails ill replace the accelerator pedal and then ill be looking to replace the ecu but hopefully it doesn't come to that as i dont want to loose the map.

Clio 200 Raider
shame some of the issues your having mate 😞 Hopefully its just simple things to get it working right again.

clio 182
shame some of the issues your having mate 😞 Hopefully its just simple things to get it working right again.
ino driving me mental . cant go anywhere without having to turn it on and off constantly. ordered a throttle body last night of ebay so hoping fingers crossed it should sort it out

clio 182
Screenshot_2015-12-05-15-18-53.png

Orderd some more bits that the car desperatly needs. Hopefully order some dogbone inserts and rear shocks next week. Spent far to much on things this month as it is. Next month ill change all the filters on the car along with gearbox and engine oil flush and change. In theory if this new throttle body works this car should be back up to a very decent standard

clio 182
so after being bored on my night shifts in work and watching hours worth of detailing videos and coming to the conclusion i need to get myself a machine polisher, i realised the Clio is not as clean as it looks. By hand the car feels smooth but with the baggie test the paint is still extremely gritty :(. So when i wake up in a few hours ill be taking a trip to halfords to get myself some detailing polish to use as lube for claying and some super resin polish to cover up the scratches and swirls for now. I know the super resin polish isnt a permanent answer as its just a filler but when i get the machine polisher ill get some m105 and m205 on and get rid of the swirls for good. Looks like today will be spent claying the car until it passes the baggie test.

On a better note iv had the chance to give the clio a thrashing on the back roads and in the wet and the tyres are holding up well outpaced a golf gti mk5 on some twisty s and the clio's front brakes are currently metal on metal and the back shocker has also collapsed and the tracking is well out from the garage session last week so can only imagine how good it will drive when my bits are delivered.

clio 182
So yesterday i went and brought some autoglym rapid detailer and super resin polish. I snow foamed the car and sponged it down then dried it then clayed the car fully using rapid detailer as lube. I then rinsed it again and dried it and polished and buffed the car with super resin and a polish aplicator, then another rinse and a coat of aqua wax. The whole process took around 4 hours ish and was dark by the time i had finished so couldnt get a decent pic. My brakes and throttle body have also arrived and im just waiting on my engine mount to be deliverd. Hopefully they will be on the car by thurs.

20151207_125126(0).jpg
20151207_131322.jpg
20151207_162401.jpg
20151207_162350.jpg
20151208_153615.jpg

clio 182
Got the car into the garage today. Had my brakes, engine mount , tracking and gearbox oil replaced

Car drives much better now and the pedal is firm. Will be alot better after i put some miles on the new brakes. There is alot more vibration now from the polybushed engine mount but its bearable. Also figured out it only has braided lines on the front. The car has cut out twice after the throttle body has been put on but i went to another friends garage with a decent diagnostic tool and it points to the throttle pedal due to incorrect throttle readings so ill be ordering a new throttle pedal

20151210_102601.jpg
20151210_105551.jpg
20151210_113518.jpg
20151210_120037.jpg

20151210_120258.jpg

Next jobs are a new throttle pedal, uprated dog bone mount, new floor mats and a rear new rear bench if i were to be fussy. Will also be ordeing some polybush exhaust inserts

Clio 200 Raider
Its coming along. Nice upgrades bet you be glad once that throttle issue sorted dam thing

clio 182
Its coming along. Nice upgrades bet you be glad once that throttle issue sorted dam thing

yea its getting there. not cut out once today so far compared to it cutting out well over 20-30 times on a short trip so hopefully it stays this way. Couple more upgrades next month and it will be a fairly good example again considering its mileage

clio 182
Small update. Car hasn't gone into limp mode since friday. 2 days of stress free driving. Not going to say its fixed for a few more days yet as i have seen people who have had similar issues and has come back after a few days or a week but fingers crossed. On to the next issue now the drivers wind deflector. Sometimes i cant wind the drivers window up completely so when i hopefully give it a wash on Monday ill tape the full length of the deflector with some black tape and see if that helps

Clio 200 Raider
Haha brillaint we cant keep away from 182's even with a meg.

What you bought get a thread up mate

Clio 200 Raider
Small update. Car hasn't gone into limp mode since friday. 2 days of stress free driving. Not going to say its fixed for a few more days yet as i have seen people who have had similar issues and has come back after a few days or a week but fingers crossed. On to the next issue now the drivers wind deflector. Sometimes i cant wind the drivers window up completely so when i hopefully give it a wash on Monday ill tape the full length of the deflector with some black tape and see if that helps

Hows the car been did it solve the issue?

clio 182
Hows the car been did it solve the issue?
Issue is still there. No where near as bad as it was though still goes into limp mode occasionally. Will be ordering a new throttle pedal this week at some point along with new shocks and a few bits and bobs to sort some niggly bits out. Atlest i can wind the window up now :)

clio 182
Give the clio its 1st wash this year after a month due to the weather and also currbed an allow for the 1st time since owning the car :(. Also replced the drivers driveshaft ,rear disk and pads due to bearings going and also got new exhaust mounts made so the rear shocks and rest of the pollybushes will have to wait until next month

Some pics
20160110_135719.jpg
20160110_135708.jpg
20160110_135654.jpg
20160110_135646.jpg

Clio 200 Raider
Ouch lol

So annoying when you curb an alloy

Any issues ref the misfires yet has it been cured

clio 182
Ouch lol

So annoying when you curb an alloy

Any issues ref the misfires yet has it been cured
Ino ! And was no missfire it just goes into limp mode now and again. Turning it off and on cures it. Going to order a new throttle pedal next month and hope it cures it. Dont want to keep soending £££ on it as it techincally should be up for sale in march april