ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To all tall Clio Drivers - Regarding sub frames

C

Clio_Craig

im sure some of you have read about the problems some of us members have been having about being to high in the clio's and have been wondering if racing seats would be any use. Well i had a call from cobra saying that they now do extra low subframes for the comfort range or seats I.E. Cobra daytona's which will be able to slide bk n forth, I am delighted to say

Thanks Craig

C

Clio_Craig

well the company im using have done it for me, they ave ordered my seats with the frames for me, i was gonna pm u the info fantom

T

thecremeegg

its not too bad, tho seat has to be right back. the clios better than most cars i found for headroom

T

thecremeegg

not really no :s that said i may do it automatically without knowing ;)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I find the drives seat is fine when it's on it's lowest setting, but could do with more, but i if i sit in the passenger side it's like being in a 4x4 it's stupidly high.

C

Clio_Craig

yer my m8 got in, he has to recline the chair back abit just so he dont bang his head

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
I'm 6"4 enough head room, just have trouble with leg room. Luckily once I picky up my new megane coupe its all good with room for me. Although the drivers seat touches the rear seat:clap:

Black Gold with cup packs
I'm 6'3 and 16 and half stone have difficulty with the car I have to lean my seat back. And since I have had the car the seat squeeks when I sit in it (my weight I think, But I am far from overweight) When my GF sits in it the seat is fine?

C

Clio_Craig

im the same m8 6'3 and about 16 n half stone, and my shoulders are to wide for the seats and im also rubbing my head on the roof lol

Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
my g/f is 5ft 2 1/4 (that 1/4 matters to her!) so if i get in after her i break my knees on the wheel and she raises the seat so it takes ages to find a nice spot again. (usually just drop all the way into rear footwell!)
I mainly find that the head rest is of no use what so ever and if i have it fully raised all it does is block my veiw when i look over my shoulder.

C

Clio_Craig

exactly the same as me m8, when i have the headrest slightly up its more like a shoulder rest lol, and wen i move it up i cant see nothing

stp

172 Flame Red Phase 1
I think it depends a lot on your body shape im 6ft 4 and I can get more comfortable in my clio than a lot of other cars. I tried a mx5 a month ago and couldn't see as the top of the windscreen was straight in my eye sight!

I don't see the huge isue I'm 6 6 and whilst its not great the stock seating its nothing that serious.

same.. im 6ft 7 and 18 1/2 stone. whilst i worry about looking silly in my clio i dont get uncomfortable at all. however i have recently purchased a set of corbeaus and am looking to set them as low as possible. (in an effort to look cool)

would the cobra subframes help?? ( i guessed not) but i may bee looking to anchor them straight into the floor somehow... prob illegal tho :rasp:

as a side note...again im not overweight at all but think il struggle with the width of the new seats.. they only cost £100 with harnesses second hand tho so im not too fussed

RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
Cobra subframes won't match Corbeau seats. You'll need to buy or make some adaptor bars as the bolt holes aren't in the same place.