ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To Decat or NOT to Decat ....

182 Trophy
Hi Guys

Right i get payed in a few days and after having the catback miltek installed last month want more NOISE !!!! but am unsure if i should decat or not. Ive had decats before so know the score but does it make

A. A big sound increase

B. A performance diffrence

C. Does it make the engine warning light come on

wanting to know if its worth doing really, I have a 182 Trophy

Cheers

Mondeo TDCI 130
Do it!

A. Will be more noisy yes!
B. There will be an advantage as the cat is a resrictor, but not noticable!
C. Depends, mine never has! Some do though!!!

Its a piece of piss on a trophy, so if you don't like it, not a big worry to change back!

172 A Cupwork Orange™
DO IT +1

as above, my light has not come on, had it fitted for a couple of weeks now

the petrol smells lovely :)

Mondeo TDCI 130
Just remember when you do it, dont put the 2nd lambdsa sensor in!!! The one nearest the back, Mine is still connected, but taped up in a bag to the brake pipes!
Just put a bung in the 2nd hole!!
Mine's been on 30K, never had a light on!

182 Trophy
Why does it make a diffrence

Have you guys got video clips, Ive been told it dosent make alot of diffrence in noise or power so if so whats the point LOL

I Decatted my old fiesta and that didnt do alot

Cheers

Mondeo TDCI 130
It makes a fair differenc in noise tbh!! I dont have any vids mate soz!! Its only a cheapo mod aint it??

a thirsty one
yeah the orig cat is already a 200cell job so a sports cat may not make much diff, i have a yozza decat fitted had it on for about 5 months and love it, makes a nice sound with my btb system and my light has not come on yet. i bought a obd code reader for £10 to reset the light if it comes on though.

i also have both sensors plugged in still.