ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

to get a fast 182

need help. need to get a de cat for my 182 coz i reckon the system needs opened up a bit. think the cat holds the car back coz it doesnt seem that fast. dont get me wrong its nippy enough but just not fast. also has anyone put a dastek chip on theres. this is my first post so id like to say a big hi to everyone.

cheers

fat 182

how many miles have you done ?

ive almost done 6000 and it really quick now

well quicker than when it had 1000 on it

arnt you ment to do alest 500 miles before you give it some

i was real carful with mine till it was ran in

2012 WRX Waggon

nar you need thousands of miles before its properly loosened up.

thrash the tits off it and you will be rewarded!!

this is just a runner for a year. just thought seeing as its 182 bhp it would be a little faster than it is. how many miles did yous run to break it in before you start to cane the tits off it. i thought 300miles was enough

you can either take the bulb out or if you get another problem put your cat back on, go to the dealer and get them to fix it

Polo + Micra

Quote: Originally posted by tango82 on 26 March 2005
you can either take the bulb out or if you get another problem put your cat back on, go to the dealer and get them to fix it

not a bulb its a surface mount led

either way mate an easy fix. put cat back on and go to renault, job done. anyone got a decat or know where i can get one. cant be arsed havin to get one fabricated

Yeah but if your lights already on, you will not know if anything else goes wrong.

And the fault is logged in the ECU. Are you trying to tell me Renault wouldnt know what youd been up to?? Theyd notice the emissions log, look at your cat and see that it had been tampered with. bye bye warranty!!!

Seems daft to me as that light is there for a purpose:confused:

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 26 March 2005

Yeah but if your lights already on, you will not know if anything else goes wrong.

And the fault is logged in the ECU. Are you trying to tell me Renault wouldnt know what youd been up to?? Theyd notice the emissions log, look at your cat and see that it had been tampered with. bye bye warranty!!!

Seems daft to me as that light is there for a purpose:confused:

Its an emissions light, only comes on with emission problems. ;)

end of the day if the cats back on play bumb. most renault dealers dont know sh*t and takin the cat off is a good way of freein up power

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Youll only get the emissions light on, and it normally goes back off a few days later anyway. Causes no problems.

nice one. does it make a good bit of difference?? would imagine it does. cats are bloody useless anyways. do nothin but hold the car back and save the inviroment-well be dead before it f**ks that, lol

BMW 120i Sport

My 182 was sluggish until about 3000 miles. Also, it needs proper warming up to get the best from it - about 15 minutes of driving to get the oil up to temp.

Quote: Originally posted by tango82 on 26 March 2005

need help. need to get a de cat for my 182 coz i reckon the system needs opened up a bit. think the cat holds the car back coz it doesnt seem that fast. dont get me wrong its nippy enough but just not fast. also has anyone put a dastek chip on theres. this is my first post so id like to say a big hi to everyone.

cheers
What car have you just had that makes you feel like the 182 is slow .... Just wondered thats all ...

drove ma mates subaru, had a civic type r and a 165bhp 106 gti which i can is a good bit faster than the 182. 182 handles better that the civic type r but in a straight line there is no contest. pug wipes the floor with the 2 of them. clio is fun tho

List mate trust us ... ave got a 172 cup and when i first drove it , i was disapointed , i came from a 1.6 corsa and it didnt feel quicker than that!

500 miles in - u wont have run it in at all!

1000 miles it stil felt tight

2000 miless felt loads better

around 7000 woah- now ur talking!

give it time, for a run around for a year i dont think a 182 was a good choice.

enjoy it newaze

Cant comment on the Civic type r not drove one but had a go in my mates subaru sti and thought off the mark it was not that quick then whack your off ... Give the 182 chance it will free up .. Did not think much of my 172 when i got it new after having had my 306 GTI-6 ...Then the same with the 182 after the 172 ...

E91 M Sport

Decat will make a very small difference - only really worth it if you plan to change the rest of the exhaust system.

I think you need some http://www.pro-speed.bizpro-speed action intially.

I decatd my V6, which as 4 cats, and there is a difference, but it isnt huge. Id imagine a custom remap would realise the extra flow.

172beast

Aye need time to loosen up, my mk1 172 is coming up to 47k and still feels like its gettin quicker with age

Yeah without changing the manifold and backbox the system is still going to be restrictive.

You cant have restrictive -free flowing -restrictive and then hope to have a free flowing exhaust. Its positioned manifold and downpipe, the cat and then the silencer + backbox.

A decat aint going to do that much on its own without uprating the other parts

Yeah without changing the manifold and backbox the system is still going to be restrictive.

You cant have restrictive -free flowing -restrictive and then hope to have a free flowing exhaust. Its positioned manifold and downpipe, the cat and then the silencer + backbox.

A decat aint going to do that much on its own without uprating the other parts

thanks for the info mitchy but i ran a165bhp pug 106gti(which i still own) so i know how to get a fast car in terms of restriction, major headwork, remaps... my original question is where can i get a decat for the 182??? and has anyone been to dastek with there 182???

sorry mate but me thinks you have a duffer there or have a problem with her!! when i had my old 172 i never got beat in a race buy anyone,until i raced an audi s3,but then he never really blue me away,just left me a bit...;)

[Edited by pigme1000000 on 26 March 2005 at 11:00pm]

cliosport 200

Becasuse of my job I have to change my car every 6 months. Im on my third 182 and can honestly say thay have all performed different. The main thing in common with the three is that I have noticed a significant change in performance around 2500 miles.

My 182 has 14K on it now and it is much faster now than when i first had it.

I feel confident to take on almost any car up to the end of forth gear, and do well, i have had a go at loads of "faster cars" and never been embarresed by the 182.

Got 182 on Friday , not been past 3500 rpm yet done about 200 miles , 425 to go. Had fun on the bends though , seems like its on rails , But if you want a faster car buy one with a bigger engine/ more power its easier. Went out for a blast in the M5 this afternoon , totally different animal