ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

? To glaze or not ?

Hey I was just debating weather to invest in a glaze i was thinking maybe Clearkote red vanilla moose glaze OR Meguires #7 show car glaze. The procedure i normaly use is

x1 coat AG SRP x2 AG EGP and x1 coat Natty's blue every time i wash

Do i use the glaze after tha SRP and before the EGP ? and is there any advantages that the above glazes give bearing in mind my car is Pearl Black and will be working by hand mostly

I NEED HELP PRETTY PLEASE:S

106 GTi
No point - EGP wont bond to a glaze esp. not Megs 7 or VM. You will need to get a different sealant and compromise durability or go straight from the glaze to your wax, again reducing the level of protection.

EGP needs an oil free base to work properly.

Rich said:
No point - EGP wont bond to a glaze esp. not Megs 7 or VM. You will need to get a different sealant and compromise durability or go straight from the glaze to your wax, again reducing the level of protection.

trust him , he's knows it :eek:

106 GTi
SRP does fill, but does not leave surface oils in the sense of a true glaze.

I use glazes under M/seal Justin, as it is more akin to the likes of Poorboys EX-P which does not seem so surface fussy as the likes of Autoglym or Klasse. But in the same token will never give the same durability.

Rich said:

hmmm so if i ditch the EGP and use either of the above after the SRP then a couple of layers of natty's blue this will work. Also if i was to compromise durability, use one of the above glazes, and detail a bit more often would the difference in looks be deeper and
wetter than the SRP+EGP+natty's blue. Which on would you recommend ?:hail:

106 GTi
Nattys Blue x 2 straight over a glaze will work fine, but will get nowhere near the protection and durability of the EGP, so you will need to wax once every 2 - 4 weeks.

Out of the Megs #7 and Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze, both look great, you will be hard pushed to tell much between them looks wise. If I had to choose one it would be the VM as it is so much easier to use than the #7. You wont go wrong with either.

If you do go down the glaze route maybe think about getting a differnet sealant to use instead of the EGP, I like glazes so when going down that route I use either, CG guys M/Seal, Wolfgang Deep Gloss or my current fave Blackfire Wet Diamond. That said as Winter is drawing in I will soon be back to AG SRP and EGP topped with Zymol Carbon this winter.

Rich said:
Nattys Blue x 2 straight over a glaze will work fine, but will get nowhere near the protection and durability of the EGP, so you will need to wax once every 2 - 4 weeks.

Out of the Megs #7 and Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze, both look great, you will be hard pushed to tell much between them looks wise. If I had to choose one it would be the VM as it is so much easier to use than the #7

If you do go down the glaze route maybe think about getting a differnet sealant to use instead of the EGP.

Cheers Rich
i will settle for the CG M-seal and which is the one i need to order the red Moose or the vanilla moose ????

Rich said:
Working by hand? - if so Vanilla Moose as its much easier by hand than the RMG.

Yeah by hand I might invest in a PC Kit next spring so i'll settle for m-seal & Vanilla moose

Cheers for the help rich I appreciate it :D

106 GTi
No probs. VM works great by PC to anyway so you will be sorted.

I tend to use both the VM and then the RMG on mine when the PC is out or just the VM when working by hand.