ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup - new to detailing

05 RB 182 LE Cup
Hey guys, hows it goin?

Names jason from Australia and i recently purchased a FRB 182 cup and loving it. Its not an F1 cup in oz but a LE which is basically the same but without the F1 plate.
Anyway the F1 stripes are starting to slightly peel so i ordered some new ones from ebay(UK) and i had a few questions.
When i remove the stripes im guessing there will be some residue, what would be the best to clean this?(i heard vinger but dunno)
I plan on claying the car aswell once i remove the stripes and wash it.
Washing method:two bucket method and atm i use a leather shammy but ill probably end up buying a waffle weave drying towel as i heard leather shammys scratch(any other drying towel recommendations?)
Next is the polishing (obviously ill wash again after claying), i havn't got all the products together yet but i've had good experience with AG SRP so might buy that.
And i need a machine polisher/orbitor.
Then waxing, need advice. Should i just go with AG EGP or would u recommend something else.
Also the claying kit would probably be meg's.
With the machine polisher, what pads do you use when you polish? wax?
Oh yeh, ill be doing my headlights too, probably end up buying meg scratch x2.
What pads are you suppose to use with the machine polisher again? and how should i clean the pads and microfibres cloths(throw them in the wash)?
Also before i clay ill use AG tar remover to get rid of the tar.
Will the stripes stick after i polish or should i stick them on after claying? (main concern) and the pads, i don't know which ones to use for what...

Any help would be grateful
cheers

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'd stick them on once you've clayed etc - it means you're sticking the stripes on to the smoothest surface possible.

05 RB 182 LE Cup
thats what i was thinking, just wanted to make sure. also any tips on removing the stripes?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
My Advice would be:

To Remove the stripes use a Hair Dryer / Heat Gun on a Low setting, Warm up the stripes and gently lift them from the edge and peel back as you warm up the next section.

Any Glue / Residue left over you should easily be able to remove using a Tar/Glue remover such as 'Tardis'.

Clean the car as you would normally, Clay the paintwork to remove any contamination, rinse off and then wipe the car down with some Panel wipe to ensure the surface is super clean before reapplying your Stripes