ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To remove the dash or not to remove the dash, that is the question

Clio 182
I've totally stripped my 182 and the roll cage is fitted and the buckets seats are ready. The only decision I'm trying to make now is whether to remove the dash or not? I'm not sure whether it would just feel weird to drive a car with no dash or if for some reason it wouldn't be as safe?

If anyone has removed it for their track car, what do you think? Or are there other options like putting part of it back in. At the minute I've just removed the airbag and put it back in.

Any comments or pictures would be very welcome.

You can put just the top half in, have a look at LewisTaylor 's white ph1 on here, he had done it. Felt proper spacious to sit in and the whole dash/dash frame does weight a little bit.

Clio 182
Does the top half have something to attach to if you remove the bottom half? I think I'd like to keep the heating and radio in there for driving to and from track days, can you mount them without the bottom half?

I was thinking of removing it, getting rid of the sound deadening behind and then putting the bare essentials of the dash back but It looks like a lot of effort for not a lot of weight saving.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you've fitted the roll cage, how are you planning on taking the dash out?! Cutting the cage back out?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Does the top half have something to attach to if you remove the bottom half? I think I'd like to keep the heating and radio in there for driving to and from track days, can you mount them without the bottom half?

I was thinking of removing it, getting rid of the sound deadening behind and then putting the bare essentials of the dash back but It looks like a lot of effort for not a lot of weight saving.

are you a man or a mouse? lol

top dash only allways look smart. no dash looks like a tramp owns the car.

Clio 182
If you've fitted the roll cage, how are you planning on taking the dash out?! Cutting the cage back out?

Its only a rear bolt in K-tec cage, just to get us started. I'm thinking I might do these dash mods when we look at getting a full cage

are you a man or a mouse? lol

top dash only allways look smart. no dash looks like a tramp owns the car.

ha ha!! I can't drive around the country to all these different tracks without a radio and heating! ;) ....... its a bit like me and camping, I love to sit out at night next to the tent and have a bbq and a few beers but then I'd call a taxi and get a lift to the Hilton! lol