ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To retina or not to Retina?

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
317CB140-ABB8-4014-ADDE-BBD90CD18D5E-5609-000001F7BB490121_zps5cc2e1e0.gif

So which one wins, retina and ssd or i7 and 750gb?

It's going to be used for photo/video editing so an external hdd will be bought as well so not sure if storage will decide it

Going to buy one at lunch so opinions please!

Dan

FF Clio 182
When videos and photos are involved I would always recommend retina just makes it look that so much nicer.

On a side note, Honda Wifi icon? Really ;)

04BGFF182CLIORS
I would.

You wont notice the difference in processor until you're really gunning it, and you can always budget for a larger SSD in the future if you need it.

I would say the SSD will be awesome for video editing, i would be tempted to put any project i was working on, on the SSD, and back onto the external when finished...?

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
When videos and photos are involved I would always recommend retina just makes it look that so much nicer.

On a side note, Honda Wifi icon? Really ;)

Ahaha. Knew someone would spot it.

Decision made then, have 600 ring pictures to filter through and cba doing them on the PC!

FF Clio 182
Ahaha. Knew someone would spot it.

Decision made then, have 600 ring pictures to filter through and cba doing them on the PC!

I have a 2012 retina MacBook and a friend has a standard one. There is no competition between the 2, the retina screen wipes the floor with the standard display.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Inviting my girlfriend along was a good idea, student discount ftw

Retina 13" base model with 128gb SSD, £1122 with 3 years Applecare saving £374!

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Yep. Love mine.
When I move back to my dell xps laptop it really shows it up. Even though new they were about the same price.

I would.

You wont notice the difference in processor until you're really gunning it, and you can always budget for a larger SSD in the future if you need it.

I would say the SSD will be awesome for video editing, i would be tempted to put any project i was working on, on the SSD, and back onto the external when finished...?

Aren't the ssd's and ram soldered to the mobo in these?

Anyway go for retina as it has the ssd. Pointless getting the i7 due to heat limitations so you won't notice a performance upgrade over the i5 anyway!